2012 300 Racing Or 2013 300 Raga?

waynerobshaw

I rode a 2011 Racing and it was very nice. Not had a go on 2012 but can be sure its pretty special

I guess it depends on the new Raga costs v's Racing costs.

In terms of major performance differences between the 2 there is not normally to much difference as the Racing gets a lot of the Raga upgrades - Keihin carb, Reiger shock (Raga rep has 3 way adjustment v's 2 on the Racing), Magnesium crankcases etc outside of this its usually cosmetics differentiating them with the Raga being totally different to look at and the Racing looking like a pricked up Pro.

However the 2012 Racing has the Marzocchi forks and Formula brakes - which have had some issues. Where as the Raga has the new Tech forks and possibly AJP brakes (Raga's new bike was running AJP)

Nice dilemma to have! :thumbup:

If you can afford the raga get one it will make you happy otherwise you would always look at the raga and wish you had brought one.

To be honest 90% of riders dont need a raga model but If you are gonna be a bear be a Grizzly!!!

If you are an expert you dont need to even ask the question you know what you want anyway.

I almost brought a 09 raga, it was 600 more than the 09 pro (that i could have afforded) but I put my sensible head on and brought the pro. Now I have just fitted a high comp head and looking at a kehin carb and short front pipe. My bike has more than enough power with just the head and set up right but I want more. I let my mate have a go,(He rides a 270 rev3), and it scared him.

Im not an expert rider anymore , just a hooligan!!!.

Looking back It would cost me less if I brought the raga in the 1st place so I can only guess if you brought the racing you will look back and wonder about the raga.