Greeves In Ssdt 2012

trialsrfun

That is good news, for both Greeves Trials bikes and also trials in general. Good luck Richard, The Trails world needs manufacturers, you worked hard, with little support and money, I hope you succeed and hope your bikes make it to Australia one day

• 3 weeks later...

Think a couple of them finished to - so semi reliable

Sadly they look and sound awful and seem to ride poorly too.

Add horrendous cost and I'm struggling to see why a single person would buy one (can you actually even buy them?)

The one non finisher in the Greeves team was due to one of the lads from Holland having a big off resulting in machine damage that could have been fixed but would I believe have excluded him from the trial.

Considering that Richard has no backers and is self funding the development of the bikes I think that what he has achieved is remarkable and regard it a pity that the press seem oblivious to his achievements, might that all change if the bikes went into production and advertising revenue was available?

Compare Richards efforts to the Jotogas which is funded by the Spanish government/Euro taxpayer (you me & a few others) and the technical work carried out by a top universty science & engineering dept.

The one non finisher in the Greeves team was due to one of the lads from Holland having a big off resulting in machine damage that could have been fixed but would I believe have excluded him from the trial.

Considering that Richard has no backers and is self funding the development of the bikes I think that what he has achieved is remarkable and regard it a pity that the press seem oblivious to his achievements, might that all change if the bikes went into production and advertising revenue was available?

Compare Richards efforts to the Jotogas which is funded by the Spanish government/Euro taxpayer (you me & a few others) and the technical work carried out by a top universty science & engineering dept.

Who told you it was self funded?

Edited by TRICKYMICKY

Considering he has no backers is no excuse for copying a sherco though is it?

I doubt Jotagas is funded by the eu what evidence do you have for this?

Dabster,

I heard this JTG information as well.Its hardly a surprise. Any new company would be daft not to apply for available grants from the authorities. There are grants to encourages businesses into certain regions, grants to encompass youth training, grants to encourage education.I also know that Jotagas have some very wealthy backers in addition to Tarres. About a year ago i heard that Ossa very nearly switched factory location based simply on the fact that a different region was offering them more subsidies / grants.My sources are from within the Spanish Trials industry and are reliable.Its almost common knowledge down there. Remember , we are well out of the loop up here in the UK and dont even speak the language , so we cant expect to know what is going on.

A lot of this is on Google , you just have to search properly.

Good luck to them.If its being offered , then why not. Id rather money goes to them than the money being wasted on the countless ways that it is these days.LOL