popsicle

Boot Choice  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Which boot would you choose?

• Sidi
    • Gearne
    • Alpinestars

• 1 month later...

Hebo are selling some boots made out microfibre.

Here they are

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=140649265080&index=11&nav=SEARCH&nid=66743205683

They are pretty good value at 140 pounds. Im tempted, but i don't know anything about this microfibre and whether its any good for wear an tear.

Im told they're light but do they last as well as leather. Will they handle being jet washed?

Anyone had a pair?

Get Alpinestars and just look after them.

Use a good boot wax or leather feeding oil and it'll double the life of the boot.

Thanks for your recommendation

My Gearnes offer no protection to my feet when they are wet. They go like chamous leather. I my as well be wearing slippers. Not that id admit to having any lol.

Fractured left ankle 14 days ago. Big Toe nail falling off.

Protection for my feet is my no one priority.

Which ones are best for foot protection? ta

• 2 weeks later...

how do the aplinestars compare to hebos?

All of the Gearnes and Hebo look the same to me. I hair a good pair of Gearnes but tried the Alpines.The grip much better. The toe caps are reinforced. They're more comfy and have far more ankle support. In my opinion the are much better than my Gearnes which did look just like the Hebos.

• 3 weeks later...

My first boot was the NOVAGAR, I didn't like these at all. My foot moved around, sloppy. There was no fitted insole that came with the boot, I was told to "just go buy one" and that didn't improve them, only made it worse. Then the stitching came appart, and that's when i returned them, after 3 rides.

I then went to the Gaerne, the split leather, and they are great. I really like them. Tight, firm fit, and yet lots of flexibility. The grips are doing great, as i have lots of time on these boots, both trials and dual sport. I like wearing them on my KTM530, if i want, or need to go into a store, they feel just like a running shoe.

• 3 months later...

I really liked my gaerne boots but just after ones years worth of riding they are pretty much shot. Have to admit I have only oiled them up three or four times in a year. Torn leather, soles worn out, very little protection but feel great. One of the best fitting boots I have ever owned but will try another brand next time. Wanted to try Sidi but am not hearing very good feedback at this point. Anyone try the sidi discovery rain for trials? Looks like better protection but might be too stiff, what exactly is wrong with sidi soles?

Can't comment on the boots in the poll as have not tried them ,but as above i have the Forma's and find them very good, tried Hebos but struggled to get my feet in them ,not the boots fault but i have wide feet so tried the Forma's and they fitted nice.

Edited by fikethebike
  • Like 1