Helmet/track Day Camera

haggi961

Im looking for a camera that i can put on the trial bike and also when i take my car on a track day. Im looking to spend around £100 but could stretch a little more if needs be. Im looking for the best camera i can get for my money really so was wanting to know what everyone has and how they rate it. I know the go pro HD is a real good bit of kit but its a bit more then what im wanting to spend. Any help on this would be great.

DONT buy a go pro even though it is out of your budget, i have various problems with it saving data as it only prefers certain sd cards also the mounts are hidiosly expensive for how poorly they are made.

• 2 months later...

Don't own one myself but often use my mate's Go Pro and have no complaints with it.

I particularly recommend the gimp harness mounting either on your chest or on your back, although some trackday operators are getting funny about this now.

Some footage of me at Mallory Park, the tyres were shot, that is my excuse du jour and I am sticking to it. Some good film of Niall McKenzie nearly taking out a faster rider whilst instructing at 06:20

http://vimeo.com/14276140

I had a similar dilemma recently, wanted a new helmet cam, but not the hideous go pro, just the most stoopid looking thing ever to fit on a helmet, regardless of what it films, I ended up getting the HD drift, I like it, who cares what others think (guess same could be said for the go pro) but whatever you do, don't ever get a go pro cause all you'll do is look like a teletubby with one one.

Anyway, here's mine from the Bob MacGregor two day. Click bottom right and put it on HD 1080

Edited by thedbf