Anyone From Minnesota?

heritagerover

Hey guys. I am completely new to trials and have wanted one since I was 13. I am now almost 29 and finally purchased my first trials bike. I would like to get together with some MN or WI guys to practice riding. I live near Duluth, MN. I have tons of land and many natural obstacles and objects on my property and would love for someone or a group of people to come out here and show me how to ride this thing. I have secured large scale tires ( mining production truck tires- I plan to burry a few half in the ground) and pallets for some other obstacles. I have some equipment to dig and move things around too. I have been practicing for 2 days and need someone else to challenge me. Let me know if you are interested.

My email is scott@heritagelandrover.com

Thanks!

Here is the formerly NATC trials clubs directory... not sure when last updated...

http://www.trialsclubs.us/

I know some guys from MN, they come to nebraska and Kansas a lot. If yer on facebook, look for MATT (Wester Missouri's club, stand for Mid America Trials Team I think. Ben Winterer is in that FB club I am pretty sure, reach out there, I dont know...

Contact the Upper Midwest Trials Assn http://www.umta.org great group of guys.

Aw shucks...... well, yes we are great guys. He looked us up through our website and we're trading emails (UMTA is "local" to me even though I am Canada it's only a 5 hour drive to most events for me!) - Scott, you can see, it's a small world, everyone knows everyone else. It's a great community that way. Many of the USA guys and gals "hang out" at the trials forums at ADVRIDER and Thumpertalk (more so than here, even) so it's worth a check. One of those forums even has a thread on backyard practice areas but it sound like you might have even better terrain!

Talk to you soon, Jon

Edited by jonny042

• 2 weeks later...

Aw shucks...... well, yes we are great guys. He looked us up through our website and we're trading emails (UMTA is "local" to me even though I am Canada it's only a 5 hour drive to most events for me!) - Scott, you can see, it's a small world, everyone knows everyone else. It's a great community that way. Many of the USA guys and gals "hang out" at the trials forums at ADVRIDER and Thumpertalk (more so than here, even) so it's worth a check. One of those forums even has a thread on backyard practice areas but it sound like you might have even better terrain!

Talk to you soon, Jon

Hey Jon,

I say we only let him "join our club" if we can have an event on this great land he speaks of... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I was thinking that too but we need to get him hooked first!! :)

PS - Scott, we will be riding/setting sections at the OHV park in Gilbert through the month of July, so I will be sure to let you know when. In the meantime check the schedule there is a one-day event in July in Theilman, MN.

Edited by jonny042