Beta Rev 3 Is 'hitching' At Low Rev

ioan_vapi

Hi,

I'm not sure I can describe this symptom and I hope 'to hitch/hitching' is the right word that describe my problem.

Let's say I ride the bike in the 3rd gear and I let the engine to idle, the throttle is off and the clutch is engaged. At this moment the bike hitches pretty hard like the gas is coming in sequences. This is very uncomfortable. It is not happening when I pull the throttle and the engine speed is higher than idle.

I think this is happening in the pilot/idle circuits of gas and air. I cleaned the air filter and the carburetor but I cannot figure what else I can do.

What else can be: the benzine quality, the reed valve, the exhaust, the clutch? I don't want to try all these until I get some hints.

Please help with any suggestion. Maybe someone else experienced the same and found the reason.

Regards.

Edited by ioan_vapi

Might be the air screw needs to be set right. Try screwing it in fully and then out two turns only. From this point it could be fine tuned easily till smooth running achieved.

Are you using fresh fuel?

How olds the plug?

Might you just be trying to go too slow in third and getting transmission snatch? Which is probably what lee97780 was getting at.

I thought you think of this but one week ago, in the same situation it was different. I kept the air screw in the same position (1 1/2 out in my case) after carb cleaning. I changed the plug today but no difference and the fuel is fresh.

I believe there is some dirt stuck in the pilot air/gas circuits which I couldn't remove.

Thanks you all for suggestions.

Dirt in the pilot circuit would definitley make it bog at tick over but on wider throttle openings it should run ok. Is that what you get?

The only way to clean to carb properly is compressed air through all the tiny tubes etc. You need an airline.