Out Today

roofis303

was out on the beta evo 09 today everything was fine til i started hearing a slight sound of something scrapping inside the engine . the engine still runs the same but i hear a grinding sound coming from the engine and it don't normally sound like that . i have plenty of oil in the bike . what do u think i should do take the head of the bike and inspect or anything else cheers

time for a strip down . the bike is whining when i ride it and its quite loud any ideas

check in clutch side casing first incase something has come adrift also check flywheel weight if fitted Edited by zerorev3rev4

He states this as a scraping of gringing noise, so pull ple plug out and rotate the motor by hand with the flywheel to listen to it and what may be rough! Feel for excess play vertically and laterally in the flywheel as well. Main bearings may be in question if this noise is present with clutch in an no rotation of trans parts. Thoughts,

Check the inside of the waterpump cover to see if the impellor shaft has been touching - we had a couple with casting imperfections that needed grinding off so that the shaft didn't touch as the motor got hot. - ( Took us a while to figure it out as it came & went )