Montesa Repsol Factory Vs Repsol Replica

trilabite

Nice bike Paul, the pipe and swing arm bolt saves atleast 1.5kg. That's the best Rothams rep I've seen, doesn't look right with the black frame.

JJ65, I am intrigued by the swing arm bolt you refer to? Is it titanium and how much weight does it save? Also where can you get them from?

I have been looking for a new look for me 4RT and I certainly do like the Rothams Rep.

I took the pic of the bike below from the SSDT, not factory but different

2uxtdp4.jpg

2n0twjm.jpg

JJ65, I am intrigued by the swing arm bolt you refer to? Is it titanium and how much weight does it save? Also where can you get them from?

H&D, BANYERERS, or Mitani. It's titanium, half the weight of steel ones , you can also get front and rear axles and just about any other nut and bolt on the bike. A full kit, including engine internal bolts would cost about £2k and would save about 1.7 kg, you can get a 4rt down to about 68 kg for about £4.5k if you feel the need and are happy to spend your hard earned, but you'll still be a long way from the factory bikes.

Wow that's looking fantastic! Certainly worth the effort. How do you like the Termi exaust? Hows the sound and the feel of it now?

Trilabite

It sounds fantastic in the yard but haven't found 5mins to throw it at anything yet. Should rectify that this weekend (bride and kids permitting!)