Green Fluid Leaking From Somewhere.

boogieman

Hi all,

I've not long got a 2010 txt pro 300.

Daft question I'm sure, but does anyone know what the green fluid that is gathering between the engine and the sump plate and then dripping through the hole in the sump plate, is?

I will hazard a guess and say it's the green mineral fluid for the clutch? (only as it says it on the clutch cover)

Anyone have an idea how or where it is getting out from, I can't see anything coming off the outer cases?

cheers

Baz

The only place the clutch fluid could leak from to get down there its the banjo bolt or the pipe coming from the master cylinder. What colour is the oil through the spy glass in the cover? Its more likely to be that, if the slave was leaking it would mix with the engine/ gear oil as its internal.

Not a bad job to do either though, ive just done mine

Do you have Motul gearbox oil ? If you have it will show as green through the inspection window.

I had the same trouble with a 2011 Pro . It turned out to be caused by the sump plug bottoming out before it completely compressed the copper washer. The solution was 2 copper washers which fixed it immediately.

Hi guys, thanks for the input.

My tranny oil is bright red in the window and looks undiluted.

I hadn't thought of coolant as the fluid is quite thick.

Although having said that she did overheat briefly the other day.

I'll pull the tank and check the level and hoses.