How Is It

nelly1

Ha!...I can answer this as I ditched my 315 for a 280. The 280 is just miles better, its that simple. It is lighter, the FI pulls like a train from nothing. I could go on and on! I thought my mont was the greatest thing until i had a go on the OSSA, then it was just disappointment at how far things had advanced.

You may read in the forums aboiut starting issues, I can say that when my bike was brand new it did take a certain technique to get it going, but with the latest mapping and it now being run in a lot more it is now very easy, 3 kicks from cold max.

Bottom line is that I effing love it!

nothing wrong with my gearbox, i would have no issues with

having another one. good value for money easy to work on

air filer is never dirty. i would wait for a 2013 as they can only

get better.

jsp

Nothing wrong with mine either, but if there was I would be okay knowing that it would be covered by my 2 year warranty, which i believe is at least 18 months longer than other manufacturers. Plus, the gearbox is a piece of cake to work on as it just slides out as one full unit.

What does this comment mean?

It refers to the first batch of bike which didn't have enough internal slots to allow the oil to pass through the entire gearbox, these bikes needed holes drilled to allow the oil to pass through. It didn't affect performance, it was just hard to get all the oil out when doing an oilchange. These were all rectified by the dealers and bikes manufactured since the initial problem arose have not had this problem.

cheers

I got to ride a 2012 Gas Gas TXT Pro 300 on the weekend, nice bike but I much prefer the Ossa. Ossa feels much more responsive and a lot lighter, the Gas Gas did have a flywheel weight on it and it felt like a tractor but not as zippy and light feeling as the Ossa.

One benefit on the Gas Gas is that it was much easier to start, even my father who struggles with the Ossa had no problem starting the Gas Gas.

Starting aside which is not a problem for all riders, only for some - the Ossa is a sweet ride.

Did someone say gearbox?

Nigel, - where do you get your information??????? I have had 2 OSSA's no mechanical issues, never heard a gearbox failure- assuming that you think that OSSA gearboxes fall apart!!

At the Aussie Round of the worlds - ALL BRANDS ran well, and looked great,,, and all were extensively serviced,, including clutches, gearboxes, forks etc, etc, all bikes had their moments good and bad, Brand is down to personal preference. But you do put some well constructed threads in here, keep it up - Cheers

What does this comment mean?

Hi Canada280i - he's a sh*t disturber, imo don't pay any attention to this guy, always stirring the pot, no value added with any perspective, its comments like that (on all brands) that turn the forums from a possible useful place to gain knowledge and experience to enjoy your bike to just plain BS. he doesn't own an Ossa from what I see so ????????????? , go enjoy your GG somewhere else - people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.