Clutch For 315

nakednutt

Not sure if this helps bud, But i replaced just the steel plates with dimpled plates from B,V,M. as mine was grabbing,

and thumbs up for the putoline (hope you get some more feed back)

I've just fitted a complete clutch from offroadmotouk on Ebay. It was a generic unbranded thing, I had a punt simply because it was cheap. I can tell you that after fitting it I can now push the bike around in gear, something I absolutely could not do before. Haven't ridden it yet though, so we'll see. I'll keep you posted.

Regarding gearbox oil, I use ATF myself, dextron III. I buy it by the gallon from a motor factor (cheap) and I change it every other ride. Never hear owt bad about the Putolene light though.

i cleaned my clutch and it was rideable but still dragging for 3-4 outings but its back to dragging bad again.

Thats why everyone changes the steel plates to dimpled ones, it fixes the dragging issue.If you replace your clutch plates with the origonal fibre plates it wont help at all. These bikes had this issue from new. Replace the steel plates with dimpled ones (aftermarket) leave the origonal fibre plates in (never seem to wear out) and problem solved.

anyone any experience with the apico plates from bvm?

yep, fitted the apicos in mine, from b,v,m and dremeled the bits of glue from between the fibre plates, remedied the drag. and made neutral possible, just (keep changing the fluid)

hi

i'm quite new to trials and found out the hard way about the clutch drag,when i stuck it in gear for the first time and hurtled towards the car in front of me,so i read alot about with lots of views,so i decided on renewing the steels and fibre plates with the apico type from bvm,i also cleaned the grooves out of the fibre plates {a very time consuming job}and oil i used was the p1 clutch tuner,and i have been out twice now and its great,but one point which i had read about previously was that the apico plates are slightly thicker and when the clutch is pulled in fully the pressure plate rubs on the inside of the case,not sure on how to rectify this,i just got into the habit of not pulling it all the way in until it wears in a bit,can't beleive the messing it requires though.

hi

i'm quite new to trials and found out the hard way about the clutch drag,when i stuck it in gear for the first time and hurtled towards the car in front of me,so i read alot about with lots of views,so i decided on renewing the steels and fibre plates with the apico type from bvm,i also cleaned the grooves out of the fibre plates {a very time consuming job}and oil i used was the p1 clutch tuner,and i have been out twice now and its great,but one point which i had read about previously was that the apico plates are slightly thicker and when the clutch is pulled in fully the pressure plate rubs on the inside of the case,not sure on how to rectify this,i just got into the habit of not pulling it all the way in until it wears in a bit,can't beleive the messing it requires though.

Havent noticed or heard any rubbing with mine, might be down to the leaver adjustment,

try a rebleed, and a tamber with the clutch leaver, (your right about it being time consuming, get the dremmel on it) 100% better