Oil Capacities - Tl320

sherpat

Hi All,

I just bought a 1982 TL320, and would like to change the fluids. I searched the web, but wasn't able to find the info. So the question is, how much oil for the gearbox; and how much oil for the Betor forks?

Thanks.

Just replaced the oil in the gear box, 1.2l is noted in the handbook, very much indeed, there is a small screw on the clutch side which I believe is the level controll screw, I had to use a litle bit more then 1.2l around 1.3 to fill up to this point, used Elf HTX 740.

To the fork as it is a 35mm Betor 180 cc is standard for Bultaco up to 220 cc which is stated by SWM, but I have some doubts if 220 cc isn't too much?

Edited by PSchrauber
  • Like 1

Thanks PSchrauber, I appreciate the info!

You're right 1.2L does sound like a lot, I was expecting about half that. Great tip with the oil level screw, I hadn't noticed that. :)

I think I'll split the difference with the forks, and start at 200cc. I'll see how that works, and go from there.

Thanks again!

Thanks PSchrauber, I appreciate the info!

You're right 1.2L does sound like a lot, I was expecting about half that. Great tip with the oil level screw, I hadn't noticed that. :)

I think I'll split the difference with the forks, and start at 200cc. I'll see how that works, and go from there.

Thanks again!

Its 220cc of 10W oil in each leg for SWM Betors......just like it says in the book.

• Like 1