Returning Southern Rider

cursed

Hi all, after 3 or 4 years out of the sport I am returning to trials! Just bought myself an 07 Gas Gas 300 Raga Rep - hoping it doesnt kill me as the last bike I rode was an 06 125! I'm 19 years old now and hoping to get back into the swing of things asap! Hopefully see some of you at the Waltham Chase/Waterside events!

Edited by Cursed

Welcome back, I had a few years out too but we just cant keep away! Next Waltham chase is at treefields and we will be setting out some good, safe sections for the yellow and white riders and some challengeing but not dangerous for the red & blue's etc.

It's always good to see people coming back to the sport.

Hope treefields will be nicer than the Steep Marsh one. was my first trial and i found that very slippery to start with. I was the one holding everyone up lol but sorry about that. Was a brill day tho and got lots of helpfull tips and hint from the guys. Cant wait for treefields, also cant wait for the Penselwood trial on monday 4th june.

Definitely heading over to Little Heathfield next weekend, will be riding the White route probably, having not ridden for a long time. Then is treefields the next weekend, so Looking forward to seeing you guys again!

What is the Penselwood trial tomorrow? If possible I would love to go to that?!

its a blackmoore vale trial anyone can do it i think its £15 entry. Going to be my first time there and second trial in total so far, been told it is a good trial.

Blackmore Vale TC (AMCA). Club Jubilee Trial at Penselwood, sp from junction of A303 & B3081 roads. 11am. Dave Ricketts. 01747-828669.

Hope that help all i can get on the place did ask on here but not meny replys :(.

its a blackmoore vale trial anyone can do it i think its £15 entry. Going to be my first time there and second trial in total so far, been told it is a good trial.

Blackmore Vale TC (AMCA). Club Jubilee Trial at Penselwood, sp from junction of A303 & B3081 roads. 11am. Dave Ricketts. 01747-828669.

Hope that help all i can get on the place did ask on here but not meny replys :(.

Thanks a lot I'll probably see you there! Only ever done one Blackmore Vale trial a number of years ago and I remember it being pretty darn hard. If its an Open trial you can expect it to be hard - I see its going to be your second trial, and your first was hard, don't get too disheartened if it is hard thats just the nature of Open to Centres.

Edit: Any ideas on a postcode or any better directions? Tried to ring the number but no reply unfortunately :(

Edited by Cursed

No sorry no postcode that all i got to go of to lol.

Its not an open trial it is a acma club so anyone can turn up and pay £15 for day which include insurance as well for something.

First trial i found quite hard but on the 3rd round i was happy as I got a couple of clear sections and was getting abit more confidant with the bike and conditions.

cursed if you put Penselwood in satnav and it will take you to the a303 and you should see the signs from along that road. when on a303 keep going until you come to the b3081 turn left onto it then turn right straight after and should be posted there.

Hope that helps abit.

cursed if you put Penselwood in satnav and it will take you to the a303 and you should see the signs from along that road. when on a303 keep going until you come to the b3081 turn left onto it then turn right straight after and should be posted there.

Hope that helps abit.

Cheers! Good trial tbh, enjoyed it a lot, good one to get back into it!

Did you go? I was the one on 2010 Gas Gas number 30 yellow. What number were you? I came in the burgendy colour frontera with two bikes in trailer.

Found it go slippery towards end esp numbers 6 and 8!.

Very good for me to practice on slippery surfaces.

Did you go? I was the one on 2010 Gas Gas number 30 yellow. What number were you? I came in the burgendy colour frontera with two bikes in trailer.

Found it go slippery towards end esp numbers 6 and 8!.

Very good for me to practice on slippery surfaces.

Yeah was good. 6 was especially hard towards the end! Had a 5 on 8 first time however cleaned it the last time, although it seemed to be harder! Definitely a gooden to get back into the swing of things! I didnt see you I don't think, but I was the lad on the red gasser in blue gear (dads old gear as mine hasnt arrived yet :P!). Theres one this Sunday with the Waterside club in Bransgore by the way.

Edited by Cursed