125 Sherco Stolen.

earthmover

Today I found that the secure lock-up where I keep the bikes that won't fit in my garage, isn't.

Sometime over the weekend, my girlfriend's 125 Sherco, and my Honda CRF250x, were stolen. The thieves destroyed a steel security door, and tried to cut the lock off the gate, eventually making their escape by cutting a section of chainlink fence when the lock defeated them. This was from Cuddington, Cheshire, a couple of miles from my house.

The Sherco is an '05, and has a few distinguishing features, most obvious being a Kehin carb.

The Honda is an '04, registration PN04 PZJ, with a full lighting kit and 40mm bar risers.

Any info most gratefully recieved.

Mark

• 3 months later...

Update!

Early in July I got a call from Cheshire Police to tell me that the Honda had been found, and had been recovered to secure storage in Liverpool. The insurance had paid out very quickly (thanks to my broker), but I went to see it with a view to buying it back. Completely trashed, so I let the insurance company keep it.

Last week I got a call from Greater Manchester Police, to say the Sherco had been recovered! I went to their secure storage, paid the £150 that the insurance normally pay, and crossed my fingers as they opened the door. Apart from the coating of fingerprint powder, it was as it had been when it was taken! It even started first kick! I've since cleaned it off, checked it all out, and given it a run round, and its as if it hasn't been away!

The only problem I now have, is that in the intervening couple of months, my girlfriend has grow quite attached to my Whitehawk..........

Mark

The bike was found in The Crescent, Irlam, after a tip off apparently.

£150 was the price to get the bike back, unseen. I spoke to the officer who found it, and he described it as best he could. From that I was pretty sure it was worth picking it up.

Mark