Tr 280I Duel Mapping Installation

digga

Hi there guys,just wondered if anybody has succeeded in getting a "duel map" installation installed on there "standard" bikes,I know the "Factory Edition" has this function and so did the last years "SSDT Model".

I see Bob at Ossa Canada has mentioned he now has the "Duel Map Switch" available, I assume just running the latest Map-13 does still not let you access this function even once the "Duel Map Switch" is installed. Anybody know the correct Map Number or File Name of the "Duel Map" ?

Also I have been trying to find a flywheel puller for the TR 280i,has anyone seen these for sale anywhere?

Digga:

I have just installed the dual map switch from Ossa Canada. You do have to have dual maps installed by your dealer, I think the functionality is available from map 13 onwards. Borus can probably chime in here with the correct mapping details. I have to say that the feature is pretty good, certainly nice to have the option available.

I will say that even though I was supplied with the diagram for the pin modification on the ECU, it was still quite a fiddly job, although very satisfying once completed.

Take your time and don't pull on any wires too much!

Hi there guys,just wondered if anybody has succeeded in getting a "duel map" installation installed on there "standard" bikes,I know the "Factory Edition" has this function and so did the last years "SSDT Model".

I see Bob at Ossa Canada has mentioned he now has the "Duel Map Switch" available, I assume just running the latest Map-13 does still not let you access this function even once the "Duel Map Switch" is installed. Anybody know the correct Map Number or File Name of the "Duel Map" ?

Also I have been trying to find a flywheel puller for the TR 280i,has anyone seen these for sale anywhere?

Map 13 is set up for dual map and LSS, install the switch, you must move the ECU grey wire on pin 32 position to the 12 position. (or check that is has been done)

• 1 year later...

• 2 weeks later...

Did you guys had any problem to remove the wire from pin 32? I tried to push it from the hole in the connector with a big needle and it doesn't move. I don't want to broke the pin :huh:

I finaly get it. I found a very small screw driver and was able to push harder and heard a clic. After, I used the needle to get it out. But when inserted in the 12 pin hole, I didn,t was able to really clic it in the hole. I hope it will hold enough. It didn't was push out when I install back the ECU, it look ok.

I finaly get it. I found a very small screw driver and was able to push harder and heard a clic. After, I used the needle to get it out. But when inserted in the 12 pin hole, I didn,t was able to really clic it in the hole. I hope it will hold enough. It didn't was push out when I install back the ECU, it look ok.

Stou, many connectors have a small barb that holds the contact into the housing. Sort of like a fish hook, it goes in but does not want to come out. To take the contact out, the right way is to squeeze the barb in before pushing the contact out. Simply pushing it out may have bent the barb or even broken it off. That is why you did not hear the click when you inserted it.

I would suggest you take it out again and look to see if you can gently bend the barb back out so it will click in place in the connector. Otherwise it could vibrate out. I have no idea what might result from that.

Hi Thats_a_five, i know those connectors with a small blocking pin, but those on the Ossa doesn't seem to have one.

The connector is like that:

DSCF1458.jpg

And the female pin are like this one:

DSCF1453.jpg

It look like there's something on the top and maybe it's only because I can't push hard enough. The wire is really soft and I tried to push the pi9n with a very small tool but nothing seem to clic. But when I plug the ECU, it look ok. So I will try it like that.

• 1 year later...

The wires connect to the only 2 bullet connectors in the mass of wires that should be by the headstock, there are only 2 that will fit and correspond with the bullets from the switch

I after a brief search can't find those on my 2013 TR280i.

Can anyone describe where those two wires come where I need to connect the dual map switch's two wires? Are they somewhere near headlight or somewhere down the ECU unit?

Left hand side , top of frame, undo the isolation tape and you will see two unused Bullet connectors. These are the two you use.

Have just put a duel map switch on my 2014 300, cant see it makes that much difference between maps?......but still getting used to the bike.  

Craig.

• Like 1

Cheers Craig,

will seek into that.

With maps switch I'be been thinking also putting on the Btwice throttle body (TB) upgrade too but being lazy I think I will stick to stock Bing TB for now since I have the diagnostic cables, I can always reset TB and set maps.

Hence if anyone wants a brand new Btwice throttle body (that does not require resetting TB when changing idle speed via simple screw) send me a PM.

Margus

Edited by tsiklonaut