telecat

• 1 month later...

Got to agree with philrain here.

Gas Gas as a general rule introduce new features on the Raga rep and many of these features then appear on the following years TXT bikes.

Therefore if they were going to introduce a new frame for 2013 model range you would have seen it on the latest Raga rep.

How p*ssed off would you be if you'd spent the extra £££ on a Raga rep in June 2012 only for the standard 2013 model to come out in September (ish) and have a new and in theory better frame??

If Gas Gas are introducing a new frame I would expect it would be on next years Raga rep along with (outside possibility) fuel injection.

Well the rumor is that Gas Gas will have a new frame(again!). This time it's Jotagas like. Presumably that means a switch to Aluminium?

Telecat, you often dangle the carrot with your insider knowledge regarding up'n'coming models.

Can you refresh my memory with some of your other previous,predictions including hit to miss ratios? :P

Wayne

Just seen the latest brochures..... Those Gassa guys have been working so hard....Like that must be the latest super light weight paint and decals, hydrogen filled wheels and a super duper vapour inducted fuel system .... like wow man WOW!!!

It's totally "state of the fart" I think. :moon:

Yes, yes it's good .... and I've no doubt it will help someone mid section some day :rotfl:

Sorry Cope but I'm getting bored of this manufactures lack of innovation ..... too busy working on other types of bikes to be bothered with Trials.

Michael - I think you have to take the clutch side case off and maybe the clutch hub to see the access plate that lets you get at the shift shaft. Haven't seen one yet in person so take a photo for us if you check it out at some point.

Yes, yes it's good .... and I've no doubt it will help someone mid section some day :rotfl:

Sorry Cope but I'm getting bored of this manufactures lack of innovation ..... too busy working on other types of bikes to be bothered with Trials.

Claudio, Beta haven't changed their motor since the techno. The "new" Sherco engines have changed only the casings. The 4RT motor has been around since 2005 (I think). As far as I know its still the smallest, lightest motor on the market (although the OSSA might be bit smaller and lighter). Why fix the best if it if it ain't broke?

As for alu frames, thanks but I'll stick to steel. Cheaper, more compact and more durable.

I'm happy with the rate development of trials bikes at the mo'. I'd rather have a bike that stays current for 6 years with minor changes than a brand new redisign every two. Nor would I have manufacturers dicking around with costly development in a very bearish economy. .

As for gassers BNG for 2013: :wacko:

Edited by toofasttim

Why fix the best if it if it ain't broke?

Because that's bloody progress and that's what I (and many other people) part with their money for.....Otherwise we may as well all be still riding TY250's!!!

If a manufacture can't progress (past a paint job and "cool graphics") then they may as well take a hike as far as I'm concerned.

And IMO...Bearish economy's bloody stay that way though lack of bullish activities ..... But I don't really give a jacks ass about the economy when it comes to my bikes ..... So Go the inventors and innovators!!!!

Edited by neo

So... what makes the 2012 raga that's about to drop better than the 13 pro/racing besides:

the new rear shock/linkage

tech fork (better than the zocc?),

keihin carb

and of course black rims?

what's the price diff? I'm looking at 8100 for the raga....worth it?

On top of all that, how much better is the raga than the just released $5400 eco?

You forgot the Mag cases. 2-3 pounds there.

The shock on the Raga is about $1100 by itself and beats the Sachs and Ohlins dampers by alot IMO. Its also adjustable in both compression and rebound - unlike the race. (2011 anyway)

Th eco will out perform 90% of the riders in the world, so not sure logic always applies. Only you can decide whats worth what. Of course you could always put a Reiger on a Eco.