Fork Caps

bondy

As there is a recess on top of the yokes which separates the bearing area of the stanchions from the caps it should work. To avoid any shearing paint while loosing the caps i loosen the bolts of the top yoke but leave the bolts of the lower yokes thight then unthighten the caps.

thank guys that was a big help. the only reson am taking them of is i bought some magical springs and the prload caps. the srings are shorter the the others ive ajusted the prload caps all the way down but the forks dont feel right the springs are not long enough to recoil so am gonner put some spacers in to take the slack up.

Thats "normal" with those springs Bondy. Dont know why they dont make them the right length in the first place. Always seems daft to buy a fork top incorporating an adjustable spacer then to have to also make a spacer so you can adjust it. Oh well at least Craigs making his usual 100% mark up so thats ok then?

Hasn't there come a grey plastic tube with the preload caps? You want to use this tube as it fits perfect in the lower mounts of the magical caps.

You just have to cut it into the right lenghts.

Edited by pschrauber

hello again guys ive sorted the forks i put two spacers in each fork job done. now there nice and bouncy may need to back the ajusters of to make them abit softer. oh patrick i know wich gray plastic spacers you was talking about i had alook on todotrials website they only come with the springs. not the caps but the uk dealer dosant have them. may be he dose have but for got to put them in . i bought the preload caps of him and they didnt come with the decals i got them in the end affter about 3 months. wasnt his fault really as he get them from spain and they hadnt sent any. anyway is sorted now just have to take my motor out again

thanks for the info but lucky i had some spare spacers out off other forks i had i put two in ecach tube .and ajusted the preload caps its done the trick. may need to back them off abit i dont know why they make the springs shorter than the std ones. but eh we got there in the end.