Rear Brake

jsp

Anyone having/had a problem with there rear brake pedal ?

mines been sticking on every now and then and i have pinned

it down to the ball joint pin coming loose from the pedal which

is allowing it to twist and catch on the frame which stops the

brake from coming off fully

jsp

Hi JSP

Mine has got stuck on several times in last few months,not from the ball joint being loose but the rear brake (adustment bolt/stop) gets smalls rocks under it where it sits on the frame and when you apply the brake rubbish gets jammed under the head of the adustment bolt and the rear brake canot return to its off posistion when released.

Regards,digga.

i ve now spoken to birketts and they have suggested to remove the

rivet that holds the ball joint to the pedal and replace it with a bolt.

thats what they do with all there bikes from brand new

jsp

• 5 weeks later...

I am having issues with the rear brake locking on. After about 2 hours of intermittant riding my rear brake stays on. The lever is very tight and the brake is on, as if something is jammed on . It appears that there is something wrong in the master cylinderr as the lever and ball joint do not appear to be against the frame.

any ideas please??

I am having issues with the rear brake locking on. After about 2 hours of intermittant riding my rear brake stays on. The lever is very tight and the brake is on, as if something is jammed on . It appears that there is something wrong in the master cylinderr as the lever and ball joint do not appear to be against the frame.

any ideas please??

If you don't have enough free play in the linkage from the lever to the master cylinder the MC piston can not travel far enough to uncover the pressure return hole and fluid pressure will build in the brake hose causing the brakes to not fully release.

Today I was helping i friend with his rear brake on his 2012 OSSA. The hose had started leaking from a hole in it, probably melted from touching the exhaust. There was also this rivet in the pedal that was broken and he had ordered a new one pedal and all that, the aluminum in the rivet-hole in the pedal was also deformed.

Questions:

1) When you are replacing the rivet with a bolt, what kind of bolt are you using, there is no space for the head?

2) The replacement hose ordered from the importer had a larger diameter than the original and was to big to fit in the "fastening seat" on the swingarm, has anyone experienced the same?

3) The lid for the fluid reservoar is opened vertically, so we took it out holding it horisontally when bleeding from the disc-end, this worked fine. There is a small screw that i guess can be used for draining the reservoar, but when only removing that one i could not push in any more fluid the the disc-end, how is that one suppost to be used?

4) Maybe not a question, but the hose sits in a very bent position at the master cylinder in order not to hit the rear shock, doesn´t seem all that good.

Other than that, his rear brake workes fine now.. :)

However I think its only a matter of time until the rivet brakes again so we need to find some kind of bolt that fit.

you replace the rivet with a m6 counter sunk bolt so the head sits in

the rose joint, take caer with the hose up near the rear shocker as

shocker nipped the hose as there should be a tie wrap keeping the

hose away from the spring. birketts sent me a hose for free

jsp