Evo 2009 Frame Problem

brownee

Seen a mint 2009 evo, just a bit concerned about the issues there has been with frame cracking etc, I suppose the obvious answer is don't buy a 2009 model but is there any way of checking if the frame has been replaced or not...(using serial numbers)...

Whats the "crack" with getting a new frame under warranty or simply getting beta to replace the frame...

Also was it the majority of bikes that were affected or just one offs??

Any help appreciated.

from memory you need to check the fuel filler on the

2009 bikes it was off center and on the replacement

frames its in the center. they also had wheel bearing

issues and swinging arm problems

jsp

Edited by jsp

Hi i had mine replaced and sent out by lampkins they had the old one back. they knew of the frame number if it had been changed.

mine failed around the fuel tap/bracket

Rich

I had the same....My sons 2009 Evo had a small crack in bottom of petrol tank around the top mount of the engine. Lampkins replaced it FOC apart from £10 cariage I think....they supplied new headstock bearings and all bolts for the different rear subframe arms. They will supply the new one before you ship the old one back (makes assembly alot easier) but you buy the new frame on your credit card and then Lampkins refund you when you return the old frame.

I think it took them about 2 weeks to get the replacement frame, as they have to come from the factory and have the same frame number stamped up.

I think the way that Beta/Lampkins have dealt with this says heaps about Beta and their support. I ended up buying another 2009 Evo for myself as it hasn't put me off.