Help / Advice Needed Please

jimmy_james_

Hi all,

Im new to trials and am wanting some advice on what size bike would best suit me, Im 6ft tall and 65kg (143 lb or 10 stone) depending on what you go by.

At this stage I just want something to play around on and learn with, I dont want to be over powered but at the same time I dont want to be lacking in power and dont want to have to buy another bike anytime soon due to lack or excess power if you know what I mean.

Would a 125 have enough grunt to last me a while or do you think I would out grow quickly and on the other hand would a 250 have to much grunt to learn on?

Any make and model you would suggest?

P.s I can ride a motorbike so its not like im learning to ride at the same time.

Any advice would be awesome.

Its not a big sport here in New Zealand and there does'nt seem to be alot of info / help around hence why Im on here.

Cheers James,

Edited by jimmy_james_

125 has enuf grunt easily there far heavier adults that win on them

and my favourite is the 09 -> gas gas or another spectacular machine is the 09-> betas

most important thing when buying a bike is if you like the feel of it and the way it rides

• Like 1

6ft and 10 stone, I think you need a good few meals as a priority!!! you might snap if its a tricky section!

I started out on a 250 and I'm only 5'6" and 13 stone (proper weight - extra weight gives you extra grip in my world - lol) and haven't found it to be too intimidating if thats of use to you.

Howdy y'all,

Sorry for hijacking but...

I am in a similar position, I have been looking around for a new (used) bike and quite like the look of the 2007 or 2008 rev 3 but I can't help thinking they look a bit small and possibly more suited to someone thats not 6'3"

Is there a bike more suited to taller riders...the shercos look taller somehow, I know it's down to personal preference but someone here must have been through this before and found a result.

Andy.

All the modern era bikes are small as they are made to be compact as possible but still meet the minimum weight requirements for comps.

If you have the dosh then buy as new as poss. I got my rev3 and it has been very tough and reliable so far. Really happy with it. If your low on cash buy the best condition you can find from someone who used it for comps (they get looked after).

You can always buy higher bars etc if you need to make a bike more spacious. Firmer springs are also easy to find for your given weight.

Trials is not a massive sport anywhere from what I can see. Loads of info/answrs on here though. Hail the net!

Edited by pindie