Non Bikes

b40rt

Non Bikes :- who decides ? What's the criteria ?

Ariel with thinly disguised betor forks - ok

Belt driven diaphram clutches - ok

Billet hubs & yokes - ok

Replica frames - ok

Twin shock a mono - ?????????

I usually just ignore comments that bore me, but occasionally I make exceptions !

Answers from Scotland only please, where there is (as far as I am aware) no supported air cooled mono class.

Edited by b40rt

Just go modern,Pre 65 only for those that like working on bikes.

Had a C15T for 18 years and have ridden a trial once on it.

Just don't get it.

Suppose it is pretty unsporting to do some of the mods you mention.

Sure you're aware Pre65 riders are eccentric anyway

Hi Alan

Having ridden a fairly standard B40 for 20 or more years I probably fall into the group you mention.

Its the bizarre attitude to modifying of ACM's that confuses me.

Ross

I'l make an exception for you Paul !

The "helpful" Groundhog comments don't appear for the endless what new bike, what cc, 2 stroke or 4 stroke, how to check a stator, boots, how to bleed clutches / brakes questions, what 2 stroke oil/quantity.

Edited by b40rt

I'l make an exception for you Paul !

The "helpful" Groundhog comments don't appear for the endless what new bike, what cc, 2 stroke or 4 stroke, how to check a stator, boots, how to bleed clutches / brakes questions, what 2 stroke oil/quantity.

:hyper: yeah i know what you mean. Just wondering why the SACU hasnt followed, not that they have to of course, the line taken by the ACU including a class for ACM in their Classic Championship. I assume they have a Classic Championship ? Sorry i'm not that up to speed with the Trials scene in Scotland. It's not a big class down here but worth running but only as long as the sections are created for P65 and Twinshocks. Would have thought it was worth consideration. Alvie excepted as they have made their position clear and i see and agree with their stance on the subject. :popcorn:

:hyper: yeah i know what you mean. Just wondering why the SACU hasnt followed, not that they have to of course, the line taken by the ACU including a class for ACM in their Classic Championship. I assume they have a Classic Championship ? Sorry i'm not that up to speed with the Trials scene in Scotland. It's not a big class down here but worth running but only as long as the sections are created for P65 and Twinshocks. Would have thought it was worth consideration. Alvie excepted as they have made their position clear and i see and agree with their stance on the subject. :popcorn:

Probably just lack of entry's/interest in ACM's at the moment. I rode a national at the weekend, which had a pre65 class (no entries and not really suitable in my opinion) twin shock, 1 entry - me. No ACM class, 1 ty250. Haven't seen any results but would think it will be pretty high scoring, even on the B route. Which brings me back to the original question/request to amalgamate the two groups with handicap system if thought unnecessary.

If you cant get a decent entry in your part of the world for ACM's, its less likely here with a smaller, spread out, trials riding population.

Ross

Try it out at club level first See what entrys you get by putting it in the sub regs of the trial If it gets support then put it to the SACU and run it as a separate championship along with Pre 65/twin shock There must be bikes out there not being used

Why do you need a class? You have the bike, just pick trials with suitable sections, what does the lable of the trial or class matter?

A TR34 will be more than capable of handling modern B route sections. Remember the sections they were ridden in at WTC events.

Still don't understand why people worry about classes and labels. A trial is a trial, the main point to consider is your own ability relative to the event - the TR34 will handle anything most of us can throw it at - my '72 Sherpa is capable of more than I can make it do.

TR34 is a nice bike to ride in its own right, it would be criminal to destroy it with twin shocks - and for what purpose really? You already have twinshock bikes.

Think we have come full circle, why is it ok to destroy a twin shock/pre65 with a modern front end ?

Think I will have to be more selective in choosing events as it is a shame not to use it more.

Ross, The SCRMC have an aircooled mono class in club trials and just over the border th Cumberland County also have one. As far as the SCRMC club is concerned ACM could be the way forward as I dropped over 50 marks on the supposedly very easy white route last week! Not sure if it was a lack of skill on my part (probably) or just the trial had been set out for all the modern bikes that go and not the classic ones. :(

Hi Ross,as you know we run about 20 Trials in a year.

I would confidently say a half decent clubman could win our A route on a T/S or tidyish Pre65.

This has happened.

However we get next to no entries in these classes,

Fife to my knowledge has no regular Pre 65 riders and only a couple of T/S riders.

When I look at results for other clubs events,it often appears that they are laid out with little thought to the older bikes.

Don't really know why we dont have a decent following from these classes.

Could be we're AMCA?