Cutting Gear Cluster For Pre-Unit?

pat

Hi all,

Will kindly ask you for some tips or guidance where to find a skilled workshop who might be able to cut gears for 1-3rd gear, one off for pre-unit gearboxes?

(not for Burman GB11/GB47 :closedeyes:)

Cheers, Pat

Edited by pat

Mick Ash is the man for the wide ratio Burman gears,I have a set on order at the moment.He is waiting for a batch to be finished,apparently the bloke who makes them is waiting for new machinery to be installed to finish them.It would be worth contacting Mick to see if he can help with your specific needs.

Edited by jon v8

Thanks Jon,

Mick Ash has been very helpful and kind answering questions over some ~1.5 year now.

Will order a kit from Mick if I find a gearbox at ok price..in which his kit fits.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It would be intersting to know how this wide spread issue is solved at B40, Cubs and pre-unit Triumph twin boxes.

Villiers had all sorted out allready at 4speed boxes for 9E.

Cheers, Pat

• 4 months later...

Just received my new gears from Mick - I'd just like to say they look absolutely 100% top notch,cant wait to get the box built back up so I can try it out with a decent choice of ratios.The quality of machining is second to none. :thumbup: