New Boy Here.

maggar

Hello everyone, I have been visiting this site quite a lot since buying a Montesa Honda MH 349 from another forum member last week so I thought that I should do the decent thing and sign up.

I live about 15 miles south of York and used to ride trials (not very well) as a child near Middlesbrough (Woodhouse Farm , Great Ayton I think was the venue). Anyway, I have been trail (not trial) riding for about 10 years on board various different machines but latterly on my KTM 530 EXC, and it is obvious to me that retaining vehicle access to green lanes is a losing battle. With that in mind I thought that I would give trials a go.

I watched a few modern-type trials and realised that my age (45) and my weight (too much) as well as my fear of death, would prevent me from doing that. Twinshock trials is the way to go for me.

I went to watch a trial last Sunday at WIlson's Farm that the Humberside Hawks club had organised and I feel that I should, with practce, be able to wobble around the white route without too much injury or embarrassment.

I look forward to getting some hints, tips and Mickey taking from other forumites as my trials career is re-started after a 30 year break.

Cheers

Mag

The North Lincs Classic Club website has no contact details and no information about where the trials are held. Can you give me a post-code or a grid reference for the North Willingham venue? Thanks.

I'm happy to do some observing as long as I can get to see all the sections.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that but unfortunately I'm now otherwise engaged :wall:

The good news is that I've now added a Fantic 200 to the stable so I should be able to start entering a few trials before my MH349 project is completed.