Race Or Raga

stonezone

So I sold two bikes and have the cash to get a new one.

available now, 2013 race 300 (well shipping to this rock takes 2 weeks)

available mid september 2012 raga 300 (2013).

price diff is about $600

think it's worth the wait and cash difference? Just asking for opinions here.... either way i'm so dam excited

I agree with you - but the $600 difference is larger than the MSRP and I hate to wait cause it always turns out longer than promised. (With GG USA anyway :wall: )

I was told that GG was waiting for parts from Japan (carb/Ignition)for the Raga's to ship. I wonder how they built the Race bikes? Wouldn't they need the same parts?

Hi I have a 2012 Raga 280 and have just changed from a 2011 Raga 280.

The 2012 Raga has the Tech forks and a Reiger shock, I have noticed a massive improvement in suspension both front and back from last years raga which had the Marzocchi forks. I don't know why the rear feels so much better unless the forks are letting it work better but thats what I've noticed.

A friend has a 2012 280 Racing (Marzocchi forks) which I have ridden and it's a good bike but the 2012 Raga has much better suspension, Ajp brakes and clutch which I think are better and if you bend the gearbox shaft it's hundreds of pounds cheaper to fix.

Also the Reiger shock on the Raga has additional adjustment and the Raga reed block is not on the Racing although I don't know how much difference this makes.

The owner has said next time he'll get a raga rather than a racing based on us swopping bikes a lot during practising.

The Racing is probably the best value of the range, but you're comparing last years racing model 2012 with the raga which has the new for 2013 features.

Personally I'd go for the 2012 Raga over the 2012 Racing without any hesitation. You will notice the improved suspension whatever level you ride at.

I thought it was the 2013 race that was available, but regardless I decided to go with the raga.... now i just have to stick it out with no bike for 2 months.

thanks for the feedback!

Edited by stonezone

Stonezone... Just FYI, and this is NOT set in stone, but seems to be what is what, since 2008 at least, what I have seen.

Raga is released before the next year's production bikes, so '11 Raga (the most recent) is/was marketed as "protoype" for the 2012 years production bikes (racing and normal models)... PLUS since the raga is a "special edition" it has some "Raga Special edition" only options. Like this last one, it had the 3 way adjustable Reiger shocks, and newly sourced? or NOS AJP type brakes?...

Being that is was called the Raga Prototype in 08, I guess you call it as a preview in the sense of what frame geometry and pant/decals, yet kind of loosely that way.

Right now the Raga versions that made it to USA were 2011 models, as far as I know 2012 Raga, will come out later this year, closely followed by the 2013 models of "racing" and "normal" models.

Hope that helps? Hope I have it right... lol

yup, i think you are right... I thought for some reason the 13 race models had dropped early. Raga's should ship mid sept from what i can get out of the limited contacts I have... jonzing for a bike bad. Those new Jotagas' sure look sweet too...

thanks for clearing that up :)