Best Mod/adjusment, Biggest Gain.

pindie

What is the best modification, new part or adjustment you have made which has made the best and biggest gain?

New front section pipe?

Shock?

Suspension set up properly?

Tyres?

Wheels?

Anything at all really which has made a noticable difference for the better.

Actually a found the most usefull investment was in a trials bicycle

My low speed balance has improved dramatically from just rolling around doing low speed balance and wheel hopping

Aside from from that, new tires were surprisingly more supple than the old hard worn ones I took off

Surprising how much easier it is to ride when you don't have to concentrate so hard on some of the basics

And finally, I bought an Evo, wow, what an improvement

• Like 1

reed valves.

jetting.

gearing.

bar position.

short levers.

slow throttle.

rear shock.

fork re-build.

new tyres.

quality chain.

clutch modification.

ATF.

stainless wheel bearings.

lighter exhaust.

last but not least, ignore the above and buy a new bike.

New tyres, right bar for my height, mental rehearsal, affirmations, practice and watching videos and real time observation of other riders. Oh and focus on having fun not the results.

I use rider evaluation forms and listen to others in my club on advice and try it out with practice.

For example - from the evaluation form my last three areas for improvement were:

good orientation in the section ; stay loose on the bars; slow down; These came from an observation that I was riding too fast; I was getting 5 s for getting lost and an observer suggested for me to relax [i was getting really tense on the bike].

Sounds like riding is the way ahead. I'd agree with this as a well maintained bike is a pleasure to ride. The more you ride the more proficient you get (up to a point).

I fitted a new rear tyre for a mate at the weekend. The old one had been on his bike for 10 years! It was a very old X11 and not only bald but was like plastic not rubber. His 270txt is now sporting a part worn X-Lite which feels like a water filled ballon in a suppleness comparsion.

He reckons it has transformed his bike - I'm not surprised.