Before And After Photos Of My Modified '76 Ty175

gig755

Lay-down shock looks good but suspect that you might end up needing to brace the frame around the upper mount.

Very nice bike. Mate you have to put a brace to the shock mounts before you take it out, it will crack otherwise.... take a look, the shock will be putting a huge side load on the tube.

Thanks for the advice. I have already ridden 1 event on it, and have ridden it around on the trials obstacles I have in my backyard a few times, but have not had any issues...yet. I will definitely keep an eye out for cracks.

Edited by gig755

Dayton,Oh trials this weekend,http://www.trialsinc...gger=sch2&ID=33 bring her over and ride vintage class,we need some more vintage riders. Then Newark,Oh is labor day weekend,then Stoney Lonesome Sept 15th,16th. Vintage bikes ride Novice line.(Your free to ride any class you want though)

BTW,My Oko drives me crazy,works great in my back yard,if I take her out anywhere away from home she floods over,cleaned multiple times,replaced filter repeatedly,lowered float level,ready to source a new Dellorto for my Fantic :wall: (Does run great when not flooding)

I don't think I be able to ride any of those dates, but I would like to ride the event on Oct. 13/14 at Wildwood Lake. It's close to my home, and I'm friends with the property owner.

I had to do a couple of minor jetting changes to the 24mm Oko carb, but other than that, it carburets absolutely perfectly.

how does it ride with the shocks laid like that, i modded a ty frame but didnt lean them that much

It rides really nice. The shocks are Magicals, and when I ordered them, I gave Craig all of the shock mounting point measurements, and he built the shocks from there.

What a gorgeous bike!

I have been building a 250 and trying to make it look other than stock. I'm very proud of it but it's not as trick as yours.

I was hoping that you and LM would be at Mid Ohio this year so that you could take it for a test ride! My next project is to build a couple of 250's, one for me, and another one for a friend. I know what my friend wants his bike to look like and I have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to do to trick it out, but still thinking about what I want to do to mine. Maybe do a sister bike to my 175?

Edited by gig755

I was hoping that you and LM would be at Mid Ohio this year so that you could take it for a test ride! My next project is to build a couple of 250's, one for me, and another one for a friend. I know what my friend wants his bike to look like and I have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to do to trick it out, but still thinking about what I want to do to mine. Maybe do a sister bike to my 175?

Hi Gary,

I didn't put Gary and Ohio together as you at first. I hated to miss M/O and now I really do, I would love to take that bike for a ride. I had a really nice 1992 BMW Paris Dakar that I was trying to get top dollar for and had a buyer coming from Dallas to Missouri that weekend.

I hope you enjoy your venture into vintage trials as much as I have. I have no doubt you will excel at it and can't wait to see what you do with the 250.

I don't think I be able to ride any of those dates, but I would like to ride the event on Oct. 13/14 at Wildwood Lake. It's close to my home, and I'm friends with the property owner.

I had to do a couple of minor jetting changes to the 24mm Oko carb, but other than that, it carburets absolutely perfectly.

Too bad you didn't come,there were a couple of TY175 there and the vintage guys decided to bump up and ride the intermediate line to make it more interesting,makes me want to get my 240 buffed out so I'd get my money's worth if I wanna ride vintage at the events! I don't know if I'll make Wildwood,6 and 1/2 drive for me.

• 9 months later...

Hi, what a lovely bike, looks like you have put a lot of time in to it.

I have a ty 175 bored to a 200cc, nice bike and been reasonably looked after, I have the same wes exhaust as yours, could you please let me know what you covered yours with and how you done it please, mine is burning my leg lol, was going to make a shield up for it this week until I seen the photos of your bike, any help and info on this subject would be most appreciated, thanks john.

It's a proper carbon fibre heat shield. I bought one a couple of months ago and they clip straight over the WES mid silencer. I can't find the link to Ian's website but he was also at the Telford show.

E-mail: IANJPEBERY@aol.com

He does quite a few TY parts. I thinks the shield was about £65 + postage.

Edited by tog

Many thanks for ian's email addy, I will try and make contact or find a website, most appreciated , cant be doing with burning my leg all the time lol. many thanks again.

regards john.

I couldn't find a heat shield when I was building my bike, so I made my own, It was very time consuming, so if you can find one already made up, I would definitely recommend it.

Regards,

Gary

0526121019.jpg

0526121353a.jpg

0527122227.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi Gary. Great bike! A few questions. Could you tell me what brake pedal you used as well as if you used 5'5 or 6" renthals? Is the left side crankcase cover original or did you use one from an It175? I hope she is treating you well?