2002 290 Resoration - New To Trials

bmktw2

Cope I tried to get the airbox off so I could put the new hoes on there but got stuck at the airbox and never made it that far... I'm going to have to figure out how to fix this airbox... shouldent be too bad but I want it to be decent not jerry-rigged,.

• 6 months later...

I got some extra cash flow so I called splatshop for a new airbox and gas cap gasket.

Should be arriving soon...

I'll install the airbox along with the PWKcarb to airbox hose CopeMech sold me sometime last year....

• 3 months later...

My motorcycle ride buddy's KTM piston melted and I have been really busy out-of-town working, so I have not rode the Sherco in a loong time. I decided to try again to install the blue rubber intake hose with the new airbox but now I cannot find where I placed it!!!!!

:stoned::stupid:

I looked everywhere in the shop, cleaned it completely, and looked inside every box. Easy come easy go I guess...

CoPeMeCh!!! any more where that came from?

:beer::barf:

• 4 weeks later...

Charlie, They go on the swingarm. I dunno what it does but I like how it looks :beer:

Cope, I got the new airbox on. I have no idea how you got that rubber inlet hose on the carb. I tried for about an hour to get it on. I removed the carb, sprayed brake cleen and even tried to trim some of the rubber off. Still couldent get it on there. :dunce:

Either way, the new airbox is on and I'm happy! Now all I need is some gasoline :hyper:

• 1 month later...

Me and my buddy rode over 50 miles in the national forest yesterday. It was awesome! I took the hand held GPS with my custom mapping and we went over to a friends house across town thru the forest rodes and even traveled on a MX course!

hhny.jpg

Here we stopped to chill. It felt like we traveled forever. So much fun!! That orange bike is my friends KTM 200. He just put a new piston in it. We each burned 2 full tanks of fuel that day

Edited by bmktw2

• 1 month later...

Hello, I'm a noob to trials, been riding dirt, MX and street for 35 years. Found a 2001 Sherco trials bike locally for sale and was looking for any advice before I go and look at it. Haven't talked to the seller yet and don't know which model it is but it looks identical to the one bmktw2 has been restoring. Seller is asking $1400 OBO and says it needs TLC, that's all I know.