I Gave My Ty 250 A Little Make Over.

kanur

I picked up this well used 74 250 about a year and a half ago on the cheap. I have had a couple 175's but never a 250 and wanted to build one for the local ITSA series. Here's what I started with.

837917774_VAZ7e-M.jpg

And what I have now. I still need to decide what shocks I want to buy and I would love to find a set of vintage Renthall handlebars. I'm still playing with the footpeg location but over all I'm pretty pleased with it.

I got most of the money I paid for the bike back by ebaying the stock parts I didn't use.

P1000155.jpg

P1000157.jpg

P1000158.jpg

P1000154.jpg

Edited by kanur
  • Like 1

feetup, those bars look pretty nice. Here is what I would like to find. They are vintage Renthals and are very flat. I love the way they start angling up just past the clamps. These are on the wife's 175 and I bet she would notice if I swapped them.

P1000162.jpg

tony, the head is from a Yamaha DT 250, 75 or 76 I think. You have to trim a couple fins a little but no big deal. The combustion chamber is the same as the TY so it doesn't change anything but my head had a cracked fin and I liked the look of the radial head better. Plus they are dirt cheap on ebay.

sorry I forgot to resize the picture.

Wow, another great looking bike that you've built!!! :thumbup:

BTW...the Penton Wassell with the 152 kit that you built just won another Championship at Mid Ohio, and the Penton 125 with the downpipe and aluminum tank that you have is also very cool.