Txt 50 Boy - Stator Test

waynerobshaw

Hi Chaps,

Stator problems are quite common on the 2000 TXT 50 boy as you all probably know. My question is, has anyone got any Ohms ranges from a working stator that I can use to test with mine. I suspect it is the Stator, but just want to be sure before trying to source an extinct item (Selletra stopped making then several years ago).

I've seen related postings:

http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/topic/27035-2000-Gas Gas-txt-50-boy-brand-new-ignitions/

but nothing that details any tests to diagnose.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Cheers,

Wayne.

Don't bother also don't get a reconditioned one from Gas Gas i have tried all these routes before !! each of the three recon lasted 2weeks/3weeks/20mins !!! My son's has been running fine for the last seven months since i fitted a stator from a kart, if you ring Planet karting (google it ) they can supply you just the stator or cdi and coil as well !! it all just bolts on otherwise you can fit a system from a polini mini moto early type but this requires a lot more work regarding fitting i also looked into getting one made by various companys with only electrics world showing any intrest but again it would be several months to make try ect, so i didn't bother.

Real shame as the bike is fantastic and theres nothing better for there age group i have also found the bike runs much better if you cut the under side of the airbox lid to twice its size carburation is much clearer i also had the radiator fan fail also no longer available !! this is just a fan out of a computer which is available from a electrical wholesalers called farnells i just gave them the part number off the back it had superseeded to a new number but is the same and runs fine £7.50 +p&p hope all this helps :-)

Hi Helloyes,

Some great information there, thanks very much.

I'm still trying to diagnose if the problem is the stator or the CDI. I did get a price for the stator to be rewound, £96, not cheap either!

I'll have to work out what you mean about cutting the airbox lid, I'm not sure without taking another look at it.

Again, many thanks for you help.

Cheers,

Wayne.

• 5 years later...

• 4 months later...