Bike Fit In A Berlingo

keith74

Looking to get myself something to get the beta and kit upto the trials so was wondering if it would all fit in the back of an older stlye Citreon berlingo multispace.Looking around an 05 plate so if anyone has tried this is it possible please.

Cheers

I've had my Ty in the back of my old mans Pug Partner, that's the same as the Berlingo.

You sort of angle it in when the back seats are out.

The Hdi engines can be a little problematic, though many do mega mileage without too much agro, think some models have the multiplex wiring that can give trouble, older 1.9D's good, though cooling is suspect, 1.4 petrol is pretty hardy, not too powerful, but should hit a lower tax band.

• 2 months later...

It is worth noting that Berlingos with the "Modutop" option (here's mine in the photos) have got roof lockers which reduce the height in the middle, and at the back. With mine, the handlebars would scrape the underside of the lockers when loading/unloading. That said, I think they are great, and as mentioned before, you can easily remove one or both rear seats to make even more room. I have shifted two bikes, with no problem.

Loads of info about them on here www.berlingoforum.co.uk

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

• 4 months later...

New Peugeot partner easy! 1 bike in diagonally from back of drivers seat to back door can even get 2 in 1 bike in handle bars first going down the offside of the van as far to the side as possible then turn handle bars, other bike in backwards kind of a a angle from back of passenger side as far back as possible then turn handle bars easy all gear can fit in to! 2 bikes in 50mpg from 1,6 tdi