Changing Formula To Ajp

avo

I was hoping someone would have tried this... Thanks for the info Lowbrow.

FWIW, thought the Formula were more or less "copies" of the AJP, so I assumed they'd be the same, but hated to mislead, so I kept my "keyboard/mouth shut" on this one. :popcorn:

Weird. The AJP brake lines (Ft & Rr) didn't fit on two formula based bikes we tried it on. The whole banjo bolt setup on the rear was different as I recall. Didnt try the clutch line.

I was thinking levers ones on bars, not rear brakes, sorry. OP was talking about clutch, so.....

Edited by sting32

They (formula) not being the same connectors or banjo or whatever the difference is... Well, it just seems STUPID beyond refute... if nothing else becuase it means dealers have to have 2 types for the same friggin part in stock, and ship you the wrong one :wall: the 1st time of course.

• 1 month later...

Formula to AJP is not a straight swop. The hose from the Formula brake does not fit the AJP master cylinder. Seems this little bit on the end is the problem:

IMG_4739.jpg

Then the banjo bolts are different sizes so you cant exchange the Master cylinder / hose / caliper. You have to replace everything.

IMG_4757.jpg

The top bolt on the Formula caliper is to short to use on the AJP caliper:

IMG_4759.jpg

So during this swop I discovered a couple of nasty surprises. This is what the clutch hose looked like when I took it off for the first time:

IMG_4741.jpg

And this piece came out of the new replacement caliper from AJP:

IMG_4755.jpg

I've learnt that you cannot trust the assembly done by the factory, or the parts supplied. Check everything, double check and check again before you fit it.