Seating Tubeless Tyre

ducati996

when you blow up tyre take valve out,as this lets more volume of air in faster,hold air line on till tyre seats, realease air, replace valve and inflate as normal. bit long i know but it works for me off a 50 litre comp

There is a way to do it with an inner tube, by laying the wheel flat with tyre soap round the edge underneath, then using an inner tube the same size as the wheel on the top side with plenty of soap to take up the gap between the tyre and rim. The inner tube plugs the gap as the trye inflates ya just gotta pull it out before it gets nipped between the tyre and rim.

Does that make sense?

Alternatively http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=_M0GNLvPmAg&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D_M0GNLvPmAg&gl=GB

I dunno how safe that is mind...

Hi

Been there, got exasperated....try this.

Take a tie-down ratchet strap (wider 2" type is better) wrap it round the circumference of the tyre and tighten (a lot). This compresses the centre section of the tyre and flares the beads out.

It also helps to use some tyre lubricant to ensure the bead seals as easily and quickly as possible.

The pros use rubber tubes / piping that temporarily seals the gap between the bead and the rim.

Good luck

Hi all

This is NOT for the faint-hearted....

After many bruised knuckles and lost fingernails, I was looking about the workshop for inspiration and my eyes alighted on the oxygen bottle of the welding set. Ah ha thinks I, and quick as a flash the appropriate tube was attached [i wouldn't use the acetylene for this as exploding back tyres are apt to frighten the observers] and it popped out a treat, but you do need a deft hand on the regulator.......

Best wishes all

Will-in-the-mud

It also helps to preform the tire before trying to mount. Put a tube in the tire and inflate until the seating area is very wide, maybe 6", and let the tire sit for a few days. It will take a set that helps to get the seating process started.

• Thanks 1

Just turned my tyre yesterday, have got one of the beader loops from trialendurodirect (other retailers are available!), compressor and tyre soap, went on no problem, whole process about 10 minutes start to finish.

The beader thingy makes sunch a difference!

Tyre beader the way to go, makes it really easy. Previously, used bicycle inner tube ( 16" I think ) to seal off one side, but that often got caught in bead.

The most fun & spectacular way, pre Health and Safety Police, was this: Oxy/acetylene gas mix in tyre, light (explodes) whilst turning on air supply. This worked very well, but you had to get everything just right. However, this was stupid and foolish and should NEVER be repeated! Delete this from your memory - if only there was YouTube 20 years ago!!