Best Brake Pads In The Wet?

smallboy

I find Galfer pads the best in wet or dry, The Goldfren pads work but are nowhere near as good.

I would imagine you have a problem elsewhere in your brakes and it's just highlighted by the wet.

Odviously you will loose some braking effect in the wet and a quick ride with the brake on will sort it out.

I like my brakes razor sharp and will use nothing but Galfer's, I can ride through a deep muddy stream and still endo the bike on it's nose if grip allows it.

I am just making a guess here, but did your brake pads ever get oil soaked? Perhaps from a leaking fork seal? If Brakes get saturated with oil, it is almos impossible to get all the oil out of them so they will not grab as they should.

Check for things like warped brake discs, oil on the leaking on either Brakes, and handbrake, etc.

disc pads, Check that the pads are making solid contact for the entire size of the pads themselves.

How are the hydraulic hoses, Look for any leaks or bulging of those hoses.

Good luck and let us know what you find.

Oh, one last thing I forgot. I had a set of brake pads wear down too far creating a raised edge. Once that got bad enough, putting the brake on hard would gradually slow me down, but often it felt like I had no brake at all. Grinding that ridge down was a good "short-term" fix, but the real solution was to install a new set of pads.