2012 Beta Evo Kill Switch

taylo63

Hi All.

I have a 2012 Evo which has the light and kill switch buttons located on the hand side of the radiator. I would like to change to a Yamaha type handlebar mounted kill switch and would like to know which wires I need to connect.

Is it just a simple case of joining the two wires from the kill switch to the two wires that go to the current one? If so does it matter which one connects to which?

I also want to remove the whole kill and light switch assembly so should I just disconnect the wires going to the light switch and tape them up?

Many Thanks

Yes, all is possible. I have done exactly what you are wanting to do on my 2012 Evo. Essentially It does not matter which wire you connect to which on the Yamaha type kill switch. I have also connected a magnetic lanyard type switch also in parallel so either pushing the kill switch or when the magnetic switch gets pulled off, the engine will stop. Having both gives flexibility in how to kill the engine.

Yes, you can remove the assembly and tape up the connectors and feed them back under the seat.

Be aware that when unmounting the assembly by the radiator, I had to loosen the radiator mounts and even the side frame mounts and then find a cable tie that holds the wire loom at the top right hand of the radiator/frame area. Hard to find but has to be cut to get the wires out. Took a while to work out why the wire loom would not come out. But all worked out in the end. Be patient and work it - it is a smll black cable tie that you are looking for. Also you need a space washer on the bottom right hand mount for the radiator when you remove the switch assembly to make up for the mount of the assembly. doesn't need anything special but is needed otherwise your radiator will not mount correctly and the mounting bolt will poke into your radiator core.

Hope that helps.