Tossa With An Ossa

avondrystonewaller

hi i treated myself to (in fact got my wife to buy me ) a new ossa explorer for my 50th - overall i think it is a great concept but i have had various niggles - more importantly the gearbox has just packed up - it would seem this is not an unknown issue but understandably one that is not publicized by ossa , national importers or local dealers?!

where should i go in the forums to join a discussion of this or to start a new discussion?

for those that are interested i am a crap rider (hence the topic title) with 1 years experience of trials and 2 years off road experience who is mechanically quite capable

Welcome to TC. Have a look in the 'Bike Specific Forums' there is an Ossa section, hopefully you may find some help there :thumbup:

link

http://www.trialscen.../forum/73-ossa/

I like the Topic tittle, is there one for Gas Gas?

You may think your a crap rider but competition for the worst is very fierce and I guarantee you won't ever manage it :D

Edited by richt

thanks richt - i already had a look in there - i was trying to search that section for 'new' ossa gearbox threads but could not really narrow in on anything - also i think it would be a good idea to have a twinshock and a mono shock ossa section as the bikes have nothing in common apartfrom the name the colour scheme and that they are made in spain

Hi

I did hear that some of the SSDT bikes had problems with 6th gear seizing which was thought to be due to slightly too tight machining clearance/shim settings in the box, which led to them seizing when being used on the higher speed, longer road sections-the explorer engine architecture is the same as the trials bike so wondered if this problem has carried on into the new model.

Suggest returning the bike to the dealer as I'm sure the box would be replaced without question. One thought is if you do a lot of road [as opposed to green lane/off road riding], put an extra 50ml of oil in the box as that may help it just to be better lubed an run slightly cooler

Great bikes though, I love my 2012 factory trials model

Will-in-the-mud