Sherpa Rear Brake Cable

woody

Anyone know if the original style rear brake cable that had a bend in it where it located into the swingarm is available from anywhere

I know Hugh's Bultaco have a pattern with a bend in it but they are a last resort due to the import duty. I've only just been stung for some Barnett clutch plates from the US

A far as I know only Venhill are available here but their cable doesn't have the bend and flexes far too much to get a decent pull on the brake arm. They refuse point blank to make me one to special order even though I can give them a pattern... really helpful, thanks a lot.

The one I'm after is like this

post-71-0-56666900-1351459001_thumb.jpg

hi woody i may know somone with one but cant promiss you i could ask for you. i got one off him a while back for my 199A. anyway whats wrong with the clutch plates off bultaco uk? i have them on my 199a they work great.

Edited by bondy

The Historic Karting crowd get their cables made at J.J Cables Ltd Tel: 01926 651470. I think they may have had a mention on this forum too in the past. Maybe worth a try if you can't find one.

Thanks for the tip - sounds as though they may be a bit more helpful than Venhill.

hi woody i may know somone with one but cant promiss you i could ask for you. i got one off him a while back for my 199A. anyway whats wrong with the clutch plates off bultaco uk? i have them on my 199a they work great.

Do you mean a dealer or someone you know might have one. It's a new one I need not a used one and I'm going to need more than one.

Barnett clutch plates because I just prefer them

Have you tried the frontera plates?

No, I know that used to be the mod to the clutch but the Barnett plates are modern material, will put up with real abuse, no slip, no drag and they don't stick if the bike is left for a few months.

With the extra bite they give I can run less tension on the springs and the clutch is one finger light - not that I use it much generally, but the bike with a bit of porting needs a bit more clutch than a standard engine. Miller trial last week, 30 sections and didn't use the clutch in one of them on the old M92....