K Roo Stator Flywheel Readings

m82s

Hi all, most of my woes are over after biting the bullet and buying a new (definately correct one and jetted etc) and im almost there for the first ride on my bike after owning it six months!

everything is sorted now i think barring i now believe the stator flywheel doobri thingi.

On the first issue, i get a slip (and hurt shin!) about every 10th kick there abouts when the kick start slips. Advice on this would be most appreciated too.

Onto my ignition issue...The bike seems hit and miss as to wether it will start and idle or not. I have disconnected the red and white at the CDI ( i think its called?) and tested with LRO meter and got the following:

Red to chasis/green = 98.4 ohms

white to chasis/green = 0.01 ohms

Red to white 98.4 ohms

Is it dead?

having put another brand new plug against the engine head (in a mint condition cap and lead) im getting what id say isnt a great spark as the spark doesnt continue repeating throughout the kickstart cycle

all else looks well for its age and the bike is well grounded by the looks of things. Fan was disconected and lights off etc during tests.

cheers in advance as always!

martin

Been to see bill on this one yesterday and he proved the stator to be faulty and got different readings to me. Anyway, now to try and remove the thing! is it possible without the removal tools etc? i have heard on some cases you can get away with impact wrench.

im loosing patience with this bike and might just flog the lot and get something newer. Sorry rant over - bill told me id need a new fan at £70, a new wiring loom cos its a mess and possibly stator depending on its fault. Typical case of buy something and find out whats wrong with it.

Its standing me at about £800 with the brand new carb and 2 rolling chasis etc and i have not even ridden it yet. I skipped a beat when he told me the price of the fan let alone a stator!

There is also a small rubber looking washer with a pozzi scew in it next to the plate that covers the flywheel and when undone, water peed out. is this right? i notice its inline with the pipe connected to the head and the cable entry for the stator passes through this area of the case on the corner meaning it probably all needs to come apart?

Edited by m82s