New Sacu Licence Fee

b40rt

It does appear at first read that regular trials riders will be disproportionally impacted by this change compared to other disciplines simply due to the low starting price of trials events and the fact trials riders tend to ride a lot more events.

Won't stop me riding though, just fancied a moan :blush:

Edited by graeme17

So are you hopeful that the clubs will be able to absorb most, if not all of the comp levy John? If clubs SACU fees for each event drop by a corresponding amount that could be a possibilty, no?

Otherwise road racers are looking at a <3% increase if the full comp levy is charged extra, while trials riders are looking at 50%+ increase! If fairness was what the SACU was looking for it seems the search may still be on!

Edited by firedfromthecircus

With some Trials clubs struggling to get numbers and even break even at some trials if they have to put prices up could it be the final nail in the coffin .

Does a rider have to take out insurance , a lot go for a practice and there not insured then so some might not bother with it given the option. Could this be a way around it giving riders the choice ?

Edited by fatbastard

Most clubs charge £6 for club trials,think £2.50 for insurance then the price of a permit,

then pay the land owner in some cases, doesn't leave much.Only the big clubs(multi-

discipline e.g. road race due to gate money and other income raised by high entry fees)

will be able to absorb some of the the cost.

cheers the noo Brian

Now then, I am only going to stick to the facts and I won't comment on any rumour or speculation!

I can say that the deadline to release important detailed information to the SACU affiliated clubs will be met (15 November), in fact it will probably be released earlier than expected, as the paperwork is undergoing final checks at this moment in time, before it is signed off, ready to go out to club secretaries.

Once the clubs get their information about the new event insurance, then the picture will be complete and only then will clubs be able to work out their own figures to establish what level of entry fees they will set for next season. After all it's the individual clubs that know what all their costs are. That's all affiliated sporting clubs not just trials of course.

Some posters on here have made comment about fairness etc. Let me answer that element.

What the SACU have done is introduced a new fee structure for their licences; every competitor in every sport is now paying exactly the same for their competition licence and their personal insurance cover, within their licence - we all pay the same! All competitors will also be paying the same rates for ACU Benevolent Fund Levy and the new Competition Levy, per event.

The only aspect that will differ is event insurance, as some sports carry higher risks than others, high speed sports carry considerably higher risks than low speed trials - fact of life!

All funds raised by the Comp. Levy will stay in Scotland under the control of the SACU and it's various sporting committees for the future advancement, fostering and promotion of all motorcycle sport in Scotland, including Scottish Trial Sport.

No doubt clubs will communicate with their members in due course, after they have had the opportunity and time to digest all relevant the information not just from the SACU but they will consider other factors too and decide what they (the clubs) plan for 2013. Remember not all trials clubs get their land for free nowadays! No land = no trials!

Hopefully, when all this euphoria calms down and people in Scottish motorcycle sport, including trials riders (as this is a trials forum) can see what is really happening and why it is happening, then we can all get on with enjoying our sport in 2013.

Yours in sport

Big John

(a volunteer!)

I was speaking to some one high up in the Sacu and the way it was explained to me was the Sacu lost £40000 this year and this is reason for the increase.

He also say that after all the different costs were considerd enties would only go up by £2 which sounds ok. BUT then i was told by the same person that useing the same costings that a MX entry fee could come down £2. I am no rocket scientist but how many trials riders get hurt in relationship to a MX rider, having done both i know the answer and if there is anyone out there that needs to ask they must be from some far and distant planet with 4 moons and have not even seen either sport.

• Like 1

"Some posters on here have made comment about fairness etc. Let me answer that element."

"What the SACU have done is introduced a new fee structure for their licences; every competitor in every sport is now paying exactly the same for their competition licence and their personal insurance cover, within their licence - we all pay the same"! "All competitors will also be paying the same rates for ACU Benevolent Fund Levy and the new Competition Levy, per event."

John, Comparing the different arms of motorcycle sport the SACU represents, is like comparing 17 year old male drivers with 55 year old's with mortgage/kids/wife/ex-wife etc.

"Hopefully, when all this euphoria calms down and people in Scottish motorcycle sport, including trials riders (as this is a trials forum) can see what is really happening and why it is happening, then we can all get on with enjoying our sport in 2013"

Euphoria - intense feelings of well being, elation, happiness, excitement, and joy. Not quite !!

I would like to see some financial justification for the (potential) tripling of the licence fee. Bluntly, I'm not interested in fairness without figures.

It would also appear that the amount clubs are prepare to subsidize the levy is a component. Surely this should have been finalized before making an announcement ?

Ross

• Like 1

I have now received the letter and don't follow the logic whereby the PA insurance seems to be compulsory for the purchaser of an annual licence but optional for the purchaser of a day licence.

Firstly, it is no longer a "day" Licence it is a "One-event" licence (could be a 2 day event! - one licence)

Secondly, £8.00 PA annual premium paid with full licence included in the £34.99,

so licence cost is actually £26.99.

If a rider buys a One-Event licence at £18.00 (that includes the PA premium for the whole 2013 season at £8.00)

If a rider then buys another One -event licence for another event in the same 2013 season, he/she has already taken the PA insurance so only needs to pay £10.00 for any subsequent One-event licence purchased.

If anticipating riding in 2 or more events in the season, buy the full licence at £34.99, I know which one I'll be buying!

Big John

Chris,

You are making certain assumptions and at the same time giving specific information, you should perhaps talk this through with the BAMCC. The club conclude their own deals with their landowners who perhaps would not wish their income discussed on an open website - Just a thought!

The BAMCC secretary has the details now and will be able to make calculations.

Cheers,

Big John

Thanks for highlighting my assumptions John,

I have already discussed this topic in detail with our club,

And my post is of no detriment to the club or landowners,

I agree it is an assumption, based on limited and vague information published by the sacu

Cheers

Chris

• Like 1