New Sacu Licence Fee

b40rt

GJ - I do understand that in some cases trials clubs do indeed pay for land, my concern was that Chris and his club are identifiable and therefore so too is the landowner (it's very easy to work out with the information on the internet nowadays) Point I was trying to make is he/she may not wish it known on a public forum that he is charging for trials on his/her land. Especially if the landowner forgets to 'declare it' heaven forbid!

Indeed John, but by whatever means the poster has spoken on behalf of Scotland's clubs, not as an individual? There is no mention of who pays for what, identification of land use, taxation, etc? I fully understand where you're coming from but defamation of the actual topic in a political manner does not produce the answer seeked?

In a nutshell, us Jock trials enthusiasts want to know why we're compensating for an MX change and loss of revenue to the SACU?

GJ

In a nutshell, us Jock trials enthusiasts want to know why we're compensating for an MX change and loss of revenue to the SACU?

GJ

GJ - That is an assumptive question. Where does the inference that reducing licence fees, creating a 'pay as you ride' levy system and revised insurance arrangements have anything to do specifically with motocross actually come from?

Someone on here actually quoted a specific loss figure for the SACU claiming they got it from someone 'high up in the SACU' - I know that is quite wrong, for one good reason - the financial year of the SACU ends on 31st December 2012 (I'm writing this on 10th November 2012) we are not even there yet! :closedeyes:

Evidence: Read the information from the SACU it states clearly "we all pay the same".

Evidence: The 2013 full licence is £34.99 (inc. Riders PA - £8.00) across all disciplines; the comp levy is the same rate across all disciplines. The only thing that varies is the rates per event for event insurance, because it happens to be riskier to motorsport insurance underwriters to cover high speed events on tarmac than Motocross; Enduro & Quad off-road speed than Trials, which is still the cheapest to underwrite and insure.

Trials should not subsidise another sport, nor should any other sport subsidise trials, is that simple enough logic? If you agree thats good because that is how the SACU views it!

Cheers, its good to discuss.

Big John

• Like 1

Thanks John,

Had the SACU given us a more detailed explanation in the letter they sent then assumptions wouldn't be required?

The extra fiver certainly won't stop the majority from attending events I'm sure? I'll certainly still be paddling through the sections next season in the same entertaining manner as always :-)

GJ

• Like 1

Lets wait and see what come of the SACU in a year or two's time when the extra income is banked. I've not been very impressed with the SACU of old but spoke to Sandy Mack the team trial earlier this year and got the impression something had to change, it couldn't just go on like it has for so many years. I still think the amount we pay for a days sport is about as little as any sport and a fraction of what it cost to go and see as Scottish premier league football match. Basically it will still be good value if it's £15 -£20 rather than £10 - £15.

• Like 1

.......... and 3p a litre duty on fuel from january. That should have folk flocking to our trials, lol.

Can't see what that has to do with the SACU?

From what I have heard the entry fees are cheap in Scotland at club level and have been for years, when the SACU goes bust because there is not enough money in the coffers, you won't have to worry about going to trials cos there won't be any?

You have to travel a lot further than most to get to trials, but the SACU shouldn't be subsidising your overall cost to compete at weekends?

Hell what do I know I am a Yorkshireman short arms and very deep pockets!!!!

Unfortunately I haven't read anything to change my original viewpoint.

Some sports are more expensive than others, does that justify raising the price to compete ? Fairness isn't a factor.

I had hoped to see a response from some of the clubs, as under the new regime, the SACU are making more money by the time a rider has competed in a few events, but if overall rider numbers are down, its the clubs that will suffer. We need the clubs more than the SACU,and there are alternatives !

If the price of anything is artificially high the principle of diminishing returns will become a factor.

Ross

:dummyspit:

Edited by b40rt

Had a wee look at this years calender Don't know if any events where cancelled

but the numbers are 11 MX,32+ Trials(probably nearer 40),12 Road Race,14

Enduro/hare and hound and 8 Quads.The number of trials in Scotland is nearly

the same as the other disiplines put together,think that's why most riders are a

bit peeved with whats happening.

cheers the noo Brian

Update: (15 November 2012): The SACU have issued an Information Bulletin to all SACU affiliated clubs and a rider's letter has also been sent to all current SACU competition licence holders. This updates all clubs and riders with the 2013 SACU Competition Licence tariff and details of 2013 season event and personal insurance cover at SACU permitted events.

Big John

It makes a change for people to listen to its members and act. So hats off to you Big John well done.

It wasn't just me that was listening, more importantly the whole SACU was listening - it has too. Never forget the sport is bigger than just one man, its way bigger than me! ;)

Cheers,

Big John

Link to SACU webpage for full information release:

http://www.sacu.co.uk/sacu_pages_editing_regularly/Press%20Release%20-%20to%20SACU%20Clubs%20Edit%20v2.1.pdf

Edited by big john