No Stop

biffsgasgas

Ok well we will first have to change the name of Moto Trials to Solo Enduro Cross. We will include the building of berms in sections as a standard practice and that may possibly turn into another TC forum topic link (berm building techniques). We here in the states will send over our left over bleachers from our NASCAR events because trials will just blow up in popularity due to the rule just like it did in the 90's. Heck we will even throw in some red neck fans who drink excessively and say ignorant things. (Just keeping with the theme and helping anyway I can FIM ;) )

Now here is the fall out of this revolutionary idea.

These ideas will bleed over into other activities.

-No stop golf! (i may acutally watch that) We will rename that sport to Solo Hockey With A cup.

-No stop eating of meat. Its not cooked? Thats the challenge! Fun right?

-400 mile marathons. Dieing is exciting so why not push the people into it?

-They will get rid of cross walk stop signs for pedestrians. The money saving from the electricity alone will pay for all of the ambulance trips!!!

-Credit applications will be instant! Why stop and think if you can afford it right?

-Sleeping will be sooo 2012 so why do that?

-Hunters will be happy that triggers on guns will be eliminated... (less work!) Just let it start shooting as soon as the ammo hits the clip.

One sad effect will be the elmination of Fire departments. Just let it burn. Just let it burn. No no no dont stop it... thats not how you create new house sales. (Good thinking FIM ;) )

If you meet an FIM official today kick em in the junk. Thanks for the rant space and ride the way you want to ride. Who cares about the points. Let the observer make up what they want WGASA!

--Biff

• Like 3

Ok well we will first have to change the name of Moto Trials to Solo Enduro Cross. We will include the building of berms in sections as a standard practice and that may possibly turn into another TC forum topic link (berm building techniques). We here in the states will send over our left over bleachers from our NASCAR events because trials will just blow up in popularity due to the rule just like it did in the 90's. Heck we will even throw in some red neck fans who drink excessively and say ignorant things. (Just keeping with the theme and helping anyway I can FIM ;) )

Now here is the fall out of this revolutionary idea.

These ideas will bleed over into other activities.

-No stop golf! (i may acutally watch that) We will rename that sport to Solo Hockey With A cup.

-No stop eating of meat. Its not cooked? Thats the challenge! Fun right?

-400 mile marathons. Dieing is exciting so why not push the people into it?

-They will get rid of cross walk stop signs for pedestrians. The money saving from the electricity alone will pay for all of the ambulance trips!!!

-Credit applications will be instant! Why stop and think if you can afford it right?

-Sleeping will be sooo 2012 so why do that?

-Hunters will be happy that triggers on guns will be eliminated... (less work!) Just let it start shooting as soon as the ammo hits the clip.

One sad effect will be the elmination of Fire departments. Just let it burn. Just let it burn. No no no dont stop it... thats not how you create new house sales. (Good thinking FIM ;) )

If you meet an FIM official today kick em in the junk. Thanks for the rant space and ride the way you want to ride. Who cares about the points. Let the observer make up what they want WGASA!

--Biff

:hyper: Nice one made me smile especially the bit about the fans. Edited by old trials fanatic

I think you'd be better off arguing for a new name for the new "stop allowed" trials, as No Stop motorcycle trials has been around for quite a number of years ;0). Maybe it could be called "do whatever you like motorcycle trials" or "stop, backwards, sideways motorcycle trials" or "stunt trials".

The only problem I see with no stop trials at the moment, the rules aren't enforced. I don't want to make anyone do what they don't want to do, I have my opinion and mine isn't the right one, but it's also not the wrong one either.

The ACU has tried no stop, some didn't like it, some did, so now they are going to try something else, you can't knock them for trying. If you think you could do better.............

The ACU and the FIM are the governing bodies of our sport, they oversee the organisation of the sport and the rules, if the members of these organisations don't like what their doing, there is a system in place to get things changed. Nothing is done in a day, it takes time, so get busy, if you don't like it. The Riders of these championships will do two things, go and do something else, or do what their paymasters want and appparently, they want No Stop. If Toni Bou decides he's off, someone with a lot of talent, will take his place, simple. (the problem with brilliant riders like, Jordi, Doug and Toni, is their so dominant, it gets a little boring IMHO) the other problem IMHO, is there needs to be a big difference between indoor trials and outdoor trials, especially with all these man made sections being used.

There is no simple answer to the decline of trials, but the financial situation doesn't help. Trials could look to the road riding fraternity, don't bother with the dirt bike show (no point in spending money on the converted) exhibit at the NEC motorcycle show, lots of people with money, who have no knowledge of our brilliant sport.

If people want to go and watch a spectacle, of amazing riding, by the best in the world, then I'm afraid it's going to cost £££, you cannot expect an organisation/club to put on a well organised event for nothing, if you want to compare it with MX etc, the entry fee is a lot higher for the competitor and the spectator has to pay and with a lot more people going, than in trials. Everything costs in 2012/2013 nothing is free anymore.

I think you'd be better off arguing for a new name for the new "stop allowed" trials, as No Stop motorcycle trials has been around for quite a number of years ;0). Maybe it could be called "do whatever you like motorcycle trials" or "stop, backwards, sideways motorcycle trials" or "stunt trials".

The only problem I see with no stop trials at the moment, the rules aren't enforced. I don't want to make anyone do what they don't want to do, I have my opinion and mine isn't the right one, but it's also not the wrong one either.

The ACU has tried no stop, some didn't like it, some did, so now they are going to try something else, you can't knock them for trying. If you think you could do better.............

The ACU and the FIM are the governing bodies of our sport, they oversee the organisation of the sport and the rules, if the members of these organisations don't like what their doing, there is a system in place to get things changed. Nothing is done in a day, it takes time, so get busy, if you don't like it. The Riders of these championships will do two things, go and do something else, or do what their paymasters want and appparently, they want No Stop. If Toni Bou decides he's off, someone with a lot of talent, will take his place, simple. (the problem with brilliant riders like, Jordi, Doug and Toni, is their so dominant, it gets a little boring IMHO) the other problem IMHO, is there needs to be a big difference between indoor trials and outdoor trials, especially with all these man made sections being used.

There is no simple answer to the decline of trials, but the financial situation doesn't help. Trials could look to the road riding fraternity, don't bother with the dirt bike show (no point in spending money on the converted) exhibit at the NEC motorcycle show, lots of people with money, who have no knowledge of our brilliant sport.

If people want to go and watch a spectacle, of amazing riding, by the best in the world, then I'm afraid it's going to cost £££, you cannot expect an organisation/club to put on a well organised event for nothing, if you want to compare it with MX etc, the entry fee is a lot higher for the competitor and the spectator has to pay and with a lot more people going, than in trials. Everything costs in 2012/2013 nothing is free anymore.

The ACU in association with Bumpy have been at the NEC for the last 2 years and are there again this year, with their try our sport campaign. Over the last 2 years there have been nearly 500 people who had never ridden a trials bike who came and had a go. :)

I started riding trials when Mick Andrews was KING and Bernie , Eddie and Marland were the up and coming princes ... Due to life progressing and situations beyond my control , I stopped competing at trials around 1975 ...

In the spring of '05 I saw glimpse of a trials show on espn and went OMG!!! They still ride trials !:) :)

So I got off my middle-aged but and found a Fantic for sale CHEAP ! A few months later I entered my first event in 30 odd years and was amazed at what the upper class riders were doing , but wondering why they were not 5ing every section ... Then someone explained the rules ...

These days I compete every chance I get , And although I ride in a ITSA sanctioned club , alot of our events are laid out by Modern experts . And some of them never rode true no-stop trials ... So sometimes my riding is a compromise between the two styles , due to how tight the sections can be . It is a art form to lay out proper no-stop sections , and maybe almost a lost art . I remember learning when I was young to always walk the section planning where you wanted your back wheel to be ... and choosing your line accordingly (ie. wheel on the ground driving bike forward ). And sometimes choosing the spot to take a well planted , controlled dab . I still haven't mastered hopping my bike to the point I would depend on it in a section ,

It to me is two similar skillsets to accomplish the same basic outcome in different ways ...

But I just want to compete and have fun with my friends and laugh at each other when its all over .

And IMHO no-stop is the best cross- training tool for motorcyclists of all types .

Well my rant is over and I'm gonna go play on my bike for a while ... (and confuse the new neighbors :) )

Glenn

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

if FIM does it then NATC is always next, I f*%$ing hate no stop, so hard to judge, even harder to ride, we already tried this in the '90's, it made the sport stupid, think I'm done with trials. ...yep mothballing the bikes for now, if its sorted out in 5 years I might try again

if FIM does it then NATC is always next, I f*%$ing hate no stop, so hard to judge, even harder to ride, we already tried this in the '90's, it made the sport stupid, think I'm done with trials. ...yep mothballing the bikes for now, if its sorted out in 5 years I might try again

Christopher ; I don't know you but .... That is depressing ...................

• Like 1

Yea,we have put our sons two Beta 80s on ebay & bought him a KTM 85,we gonna follow the crowd & go MX,another youth rider lost to the world of trials & we definately wont be coming back,trials was a minority sport 30yrs ago & if the ACU have there way it still will be in 30yrs time.

Yea,we have put our sons two Beta 80s on ebay & bought him a KTM 85,we gonna follow the crowd & go MX,another youth rider lost to the world of trials & we definately wont be coming back,trials was a minority sport 30yrs ago & if the ACU have there way it still will be in 30yrs time.

:dummyspit: another one. Fair enough if thats how you feel it's a free country but shows a distinct lack of dedication and commitment to the sport of trials IMHO. I started in 1967 and have been doing it ever since. Seen the rules change the bikes change but most significantly the "attitude" of the riders change. Trials isnt a way of life for the average rider nowadays just a fashion thing. Too much look at me and not enough dedication and commitment along with way way too much ATTITUDE especially amongst the youth riders.

I hope all of you find what you are looking for in the camraderie and good humour of your average MX event. :popcorn:

Edited by old trials fanatic
  • Like 1

OTF,I really don't know if it's just a trials thing or I'm getting too old but getting youngsters to committ to anything let alone Trials these day's is hard.

Times have changed and we live in a world where instant gratification is the way of things.

This rails against trials as you need to serve a pretty long apprenticeship.

When I started out in the 70s all I did was Trials and the lads riding with me were much the same.

Now?I see more committment from over 40 beginners than a lot of youngsters.

When I hear the well worn phrase youth is the future I,m beginning to question it..

• Like 3