Newbie To Trials

r6wooly

Hi all, as a newcomer to trials I want to pick a few of your brains,

I have just brought a 2009 gas gas txt pro 250 as a winter break from mx, and I was wondering about the licence situation, I'm going to join my local club ( earl Shilton trials club ) do you need an acu or amca etc licence to compete in trials and do different clubs run with different licences ?

One last thing, where is the best place to find local trial events ?

Cheers for your help, no doubt some of you will be picking me up from under my bike as I have the throttle control of a 6 month old chimpanzee !!

hello!

you should be able to turn up and ride but you will just pay a bit more than there club members to do the trial,

i think they will give you a acu licence form at the trial to fill out and send off for your next trial

ACU trials registration is Jan to Dec. and no day licences. I would wait till Jan if you want to save money but its only a tenner so you may think its worth while paying. If you have an ACU licence for MX then next year you can add trials registration to it for free.

If anyone joins our club in November it will continue into the new full year, We are soooooo generous :thumbup:

Cheers for all the replies, I have always been a fan of trials having owned a fantic 80 and a twin shock montesa cota 123 when I was younger, but I thought Im finally going to buy one as I only live 10 minutes from the earl Shilton trials ground and as I ride mx most of the year I wanted a change for the winter.

Hope to see some of you soon ! Matt.

• 1 month later...

hi just joined the site as ive been intrested in trials for years and have a ty175 that we have just got running agen after 8 years in the shed . i am interested to know if there anywhere near Merseyside ish area i could take it to or even just watch at the moment to see how it done thanks