I've Got A Leak Help Please

andybetarev3

Hi guys and girls I had a ride on my Gas Gas txt 300 2005 yesterday went this morning and on the stand was a milky colour oil witch looks like it is leaking from the gear box (kick start side) do you think I need to replace the seal? Flush it out? or is it more serious? What's the best gear box oil to use? Any help would b great thanks

Be sure you check the coolant level in your radiator, andybetaRev3. If you have milky colored tranny fluid, it's possible that you have engine coolant leaking into your transmission, and need to fix that problem first. If your coolant level is good, then I'd be a little confused (more than I normally am).

I have gotten very lucky when my 2010 was leaking transmission oil from the clutch cover a few months back. All I needed to do was go around the clutch cover & torque all the bolts. The gasket was still alright in that case. Hope you get that lucky, Sir!

Jimmie

Edited by mr neutron

Ok if thats cracked you must check the kickstart gear & idle gear, they will both be worn which is causing the kickstart to twist whilst in use, which then causes the clutch cover to crack. Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but if you dont replace them it will happen again. There is another post on here about the same problem. Have a read through it.

Hi guys first of all I'd like to say thanks for all your advice

On my problem here's an update ordered new clutch case

Kickstart gear idle gear and clutch case gasket all were chewed to bits

Gotta check out the water pump aswell but can't handle seeing more

Damage at the moment is there anything I need to no or advice on putting it

Back 2gether anything will help don't matter how small a detail

Thanks for all your help

Andy