Flagging A Section?

purplebeast

I ordered some flags from trialendurodirect.com not that long ago....bunch of blue and red ones. Planning to mark out some hill sections in the ravine on the north side of my property.

However, being fairly new to trials riding and never having done a competition, I have no idea which side the red and blue flags go on?

Would rather set 'em out correctly...so can someone point me in the right direction? Red = Right, Blue = Left or vice versa?

Thanks!

if your marking out a section for yourself then you can use what ever colour combo you want.

traditionally it was/is red and blue (right & left) but many place run additional routes and colours (ie down here the red blue thing is an alien concept! we use pairs of the same colour) - but whatever your used ;)

Edited by rabie

I've moved our club over to white tape so the section can be run backwards if we want. You will be surprized at how different a section is when ridden backwards,

so in effect you get two sections for one set-up.

Jon

Thanks for the info on red/right, blue/left!

Any "official" usage for other colours (white/green) or is that just done as is on a club level to mark different lines for different classes?

You guys slay me....love the blow up observer, but shouldn't they be more deflated with the FIM adoption of no-stop?

ROTFL

Edited by purplebeast

You guys slay me....love the blow up observer, but shouldn't they be more delfated with the FIM adoption of no-stop?

ROTFL

Maybe it is an FIM Oficial and needs to be more puffed up, all full of how important they think they are.

• Like 1