Bantam Trials

boyzwood

• 1 year later...

be careful.. all his stuff is top quality.. once you buy sommat you ll want some more.

his phone number is on several posts in the forums.. a quick search should find it. great guy will definately tell you whats what and whats not and i cannot fault my bantam, a guy in the same street as me bought a fully built bike from him and it runs as sweet as a nut..

hes normally available during the day but might take a couple of attempts as hes always on the phone.. enjoy.

heres a link after a quick smooch on here..http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/topic/45152-frame-builder/?hl=pickering#entry330133

Edited by totalshell

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

An interesting example of one of the current crop of Bantams on the pre-65 scene, ridden by David Glover from Doncaster and photographed in the 2006 Pre-65 scottish By Jack Knoops.

If you are interested in the Scottish and the Pre-65 offshoot, comprehensive histories of both events is being serialised, with many images never previously seen, in ORRe the digital magazine available exclusively from the 'tc' website.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-66228000-1410785485_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi,

In ORRe-8 - the digital magazine available ONLY from this website - we gave a report on the results of Rob Shepherd trying out Mick Grant's current Bantam with lots of photographs, all watermark free. In ORRe-10, which will be available shortly we have a comprehensive photoreport from Barry Robinson, of Rob trying out his new own new Bantam, six pages packed with high resolution images, all watermark free. Plus pages of detailed images telling the story, right up to date from the earliest days of the Scott Trial and the SSDT. We start the story, from the earliest days, of the Sammy Miller series, with hundreds of images never published before.

I am also including an image of Mick Grant on his little BSA in the 2014 Scottish Pre-65, photographed by Jack Knoops.

Remember - there are masses of inaccurate copies on t'interweb - but only one REAL ORRe.........

And if you see mention anywhere of detail reputedly issued with the cooperation of 'Deryk Wylde' other than on 'tc' or the BSA-Otter site - then that is not true, the publishers haven't even had the courtesy to pick up the telephone and even discuss it.......

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-28412800-1414573383_thumb.jpg

post-19290-0-56597200-1414577494_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Peter Gaunt, he's gone even smaller now, he's on a TLM 80 nowadays...

Hi, at the risk of being wrong, when I spoke to him at Horsmonden in Kent it was a 65cc based on a TLM50, very much modified and very nice albeit a bit revvy. Horsmonden is the late Mick Holloway's ground, much used by his sister Joan Westbrook, for those who haven't had the pleasure of meeting them. Joan is famous for her appearances at the Scottish, and is not currently as well as she should be.

Hi Guy's.

Peter Has now replaced the engine in that bike,

It now has a Chinese CG pushrod 125?-150? Motor fitted into it.

There are pictures of this in "OffRoad Review-e" but you will have to sign up to view. Nice little bike Now.

Regards Charlie.  PS, I am fitting one of these motors into my "Mini Majesty" bike. there is a page on the website.