Sign in to follow this  
andybetarev3

Cutting Out

Just changed the kick start gear idle gear and clutch case put it back together started fine then after a couple of kicks to make sure it was working right it was ticking over then suddenly it reved up and cut out any ideas?

Thanks

It does sound like fuel starvation. +1 for the post above; check that fuel is actually getting through. Then have a look to see if the float is stuck. I once put the floats in upsde down (yes, I know...) and that means the fuel valve is permanently closed...

. I once put the floats in upsde down (yes, I know...)

Youre not the only one.. :beer:

-Jan

just a few questions.

did you have to remove the water pump, or drain the coolant?

Did you have to remove the fuel tank to top up coolant.

Maybe you have dislodged a wire,or got coolant into electrics.

Maybe you trapped the fuel line when you put tank back on.

Did you start the bike with the tank off? Maybe got dirt in the fuel line or in to the carb.

Just a few Ideas!

when things like this happen after you have been working on the bike, its usually human error and not just coincidence!

TLTEL

My bet is that he pulled the throttle cable out of the top of the carb. And it caught just around the lip of the adjuster that it must fit INTO, which is now holding the carb open by as much as 1/4th throttle possibly..

ANYTIME YOU work on a bike, before you start it, you GOT to be able to hear the carb's SLIDE hit bottom, it makes a distinct click when it hits the idle screw.

Edited by sting32

I would suspect a blocked jet as the bike started to tick over then reved up, If it was throttle cable it would have reved up instantly.

It may have started then sucked up some muck causing starvation and reving.

All sorted she's back alive and kicking I had pinched the feul line behind the carb so no feul was getting in thanks for all the ideas

Cheers