Is Marc Marquez Destined To Become The New World Champion?

rockyrider

Its got to be possible,i bet Dani's worried.This must be the first time for quite a while that there'll be a real fight withing both Japanese works teams.If they end up sharing the points he must be in with a shout.I hope Dorna have spare records of the Spanish national anthem or it's going to get worn out very quickly!

• 4 months later...

I think everyone is worried. The lad is fast and seems to be able to get away with it. The new Bridgestones seems to have stopped the rookies getting flung into the tarmac at 120 mph now so that confidence knocking bash hopefully won't come- yet!

Its mad when you think no matter how hard you try you would still have to beat two "aliens" to get on the top step. As there are three this year on competitive bikes its going to be tough. If he does beat them regularly what will they call the "alien" slayer?

If Marquez' style works on the new tyres over race distances will we see others trying to copy it?Let's just hope there are no silly injuries ( or serious ones) to spoil the season.Can't wait for Sunday!

• 3 weeks later...

Got £10 on he wins the championship this year, 2 mates are betting on Lorenzo and Pedrosa, so I hope to be collecting 20 notes at the end of the season :0). I just love his riding style, it's a bit like Stoners but more extreme. Just hope he doesn't do the Lorenzo trick and start binning it in his first year.

MM definitely got bundles of talent but I don't think he's going to have it easy by any means. Testing and practise and even qualifying times don't always give an indication for what the actual races will bring. There was nothing between Pedrosa and MM yesterday and Lorenzo closed the gap right up in the actual race from a second a lap down over the rest of the weekend. And Crutchlow..... what a boy.

Interesting times ahead...

• 5 months later...

He will be the next occupant of a coffin if he keeps pulling onto the track like he did today

Absolutely brilliant race, just marred by black flag incident, a bit like when Max Biaggi was blackflagged and it ruined the championship from then on.

Unfortunate about the black flag but they knew the penalty for exceeding the stated number of laps and they screwed up. There seems to be fracutres within the HRC pit, not only between the two sides of the garage but within MM crew also. The personnel he brought with him don't seem to trust what's left of Stoner's crew because they think they may pass info to the other side of the garage as Gabbarini has ties with Suppo. It's known that Alzamora wanted all of Stoner's crew out.

The Philip Island mess appears to be as a result of MM and crew he brought with him from Moto2 devising a strategy but not telling the rest of the crew. Gabbarini can clearly be seen giving the 'cut' gesture to say it was all over when MM didn't come in on lap 10. They had his bike ready and running and clearly thought he was in. Hernandez and Alzamora (MM's inner circle) had mis-interpreted the rule and thought they could go one more lap.

HRC are just saying the team screwed up but it seems a little less simple than that.

Also a little justice in a way as MM's recklessness ultimately resulted in Pedrosa crashing out of the previous race, a race he looked as though he may have won.

Good article on the PI debacle on Motomatters.com