Poor Starter From Cold

mur

hello guys wondering if you have any tips --starting from cold ---thought it was just a one off but she does NOT like a cold start,----once fired up first kick every time ---bike runs very well,lots of new parts,any thoughts or tips welcome,bing carb with choke lever ----kind regards murray

As the bike runs good if the engine is warmed up, I would look up the position of the float, might be not correct.

And then you might also look for a bigger choke jet, when it's cold the two stroke engine in general like a little bit fatter air gas mix for starting in my experience.

My Sherco has been like that from day one. I asked the dealer who sold it to me what I could do?. He told me to lay it over on it's side for a couple of minutes to flood the carb, a procedure I'd seen used on Husqvarna's many years ago. Problem solved, every time the temperature drops below 40F.

hi guys will have a look at a couple of things on saturday ----the tip it on its side did work at the weekend an old guy(sure alan wont mind being called this) came over and did this after i had tried kicking over plenty ---and you guessed it, started right away----just thought there might be a more modern solution :rolleyes: thanks again murray

Yep - bend the tang that pushes on the float needle but be careful not to twist the assembly or your floats will end up uneven. Use two pairs of small snipe nose pliers one to hold the assembly near the tang and one to bend the tang.

Cheers

Paul Mac

hello ive had the same problem with my 199A but its got a new carb and all the jets are the corect size ive read 1 off the above threads about puting the bike on its side and it works but i think my problem is as ive only just finished it and dont ride it much ive been running the carb out so when i com to try it it takes a while to get the fuel throw i check the carb today looks all ok anougther thing i did notce the carb was tilted to the left slightley it is know been put stright. i will try it tomorrow.