First Trials Experience!

zaskar1981

Alright All!!

Just wanted to say that after plenty of advice from this forum i finally bit the bullet and sold the GSXR 750 and last Monday took delivery of a Gas Gas TXT 250 pro, so over the space of the week i listened to the advice on here and began collecting the relevant kit required. The bike, helmet and boots came from RAS SPORT in brighouse and i must say the service was great and got the rest of my tackle, including a TRIALS FOR NUMPTYS DVD from TRIALS UK in Horsforth again excellent service!

I opted for a rear mounted bike rack from Dave Cooper and had the toe bar fitted Friday.

So yesterday was the first chance I had to get out and ride. I headed over to Swaine Woods at the crack of dawn, unloaded and toddled off into the woods to get my Duggie Lampkin ON!!, ten mins later in the deserted wood i was stuck in a big bloody Bog and toed my Rocks off to get the bike bike out...(Ambition outweighed talent!!) upon this i realised that if i got stuck again or crashed and hurt myself (been my first trip out) I may be alone for a while,

So with my tail between my legs i loaded the bike back up and headed for bumpy reckoning that at least there would be staff there to dial 999 if needed.

I had a nice steady ride about to get familiar with the site/my bike/my talent and after 30 mins was quite comfortable, i met up with 2 brothers that were local and very talented who offered loads of advice on technique and setup. one adjusted my clutch leaver to help with the pain i was getting in my hands.

Before I went home I was riding up the steam and over the steps without dabbing, wheelie's were flowing nice I could do smallish drop offs and my face hurt from grinning!!

This morning I feel like ive been run over and ache in places I didn't know existed i have bruise's all over and a dead leg to boot!!

BUT I TELL YOU SOMETHING I CANT WAIT TO GET BACK OUT AGAIN!!

The only thing that p****s me off is that i didnt do this sooner!!! :icon_salut:

Welcome to the WONDERFUL WEIRD WORLD OF TRIALS!!!! yes you should have done it sooner, but now that you have you will certainly enjoy yourself. One of the best kept secrets of trials is how much of a full body workout it is. One would think I would be thinner though................. must be the :beer: afterwards......

i remember my first day out trialling. i went out with a group of guys that can do almost anything on a trials bike.

i was the worst rider out of all of us, but i damn sure had the most fun.

after coming from a motocross / enduro back ground, i thought i was pretty good rider, till i got on a trials and then i realised i wasnt as good as what i thought i was.

• 4 weeks later...