Sign in to follow this  
diesel

Tyres

anybody tried vee rubber tyres ? seen them on fleebay £110 delivered to your door. new to trials bike scene so excuse my ignorance.

thanks

Hi Diesel

the way i look at it is...

I'm competing in a sport where the ability to find grip in the most sketchy circumstances is 1/2 the battle.

therefore i go for the best tyres i can afford.

Of course different people have different motivations / opinions..

As it happens the survey reflects my thoughts.

Dom

had a look but didny see the result of the poll, guess vee rubber didnt win then lol

Sorry mate, forgot you need to vote before you you can see the results! DOH Just go back and vote for vee rubber or have a guess, I can't see one vote swaying it?

GJ :wacko:

guess i aint buying vee rubber then just got my first trials bike so i think i will need all the help i can get. cheers for the info

Saw a new vee tyre the other day, rubber and carcass MUCH softer than they used to be.

Seem to be heading in the right direction.

I used a pair for 2 seasons and they were pretty good. I certainly never felt the need to ditch them. True enough, I can tell the difference an IRC gives me in soft southern shandy drinking mud, but for the cash they are not so bad.

The seasons I had them on the bike was largely dry, and for summer trials I'd be hard pushed to tell the difference...

But I am a bit crap...

Graham

There's a good reason most people use Mich or IRC.You lose more marks in trials through poor grip than any other reason,Mich are best on rocks,IRC slightly better in mud but wear out quickly on rocks

i have used vee rubber tyres for a year or 2 while getting back in to trials after a 15 year break

i found them ok in sections but they dont clear the mud out of the tread very well

and the front tyre after 2 years the side wall perished and cracked

they are good if on budget but michelins are the best if you want to get serious

The V-rubber work fine for a novice rider piddling about. Biggest problem I found with them was on slick wet rocks, just not the same as a primium tire!