349 Cota Rebuild Specifications.

kombivan

Possible yes, but It is unlikely to be practical.

If you split the cases then the bearings will likely stay in the casing and you can easy press them out. they may stick to the crank then you can get a legged puller and easily pull them off maybe with a hot air gun to ease every thing.

To do this without splitting the cases you will need a special blind bearing puller. You not be able to use much heat.

Putting in the new bearings feels like it might be quite an aggressive operation and there is a careful shimming process you need to do. Previous owner of my bike lost all the shims, which isnt good for end float between the seal holders.

there are a few shims in the gearbox, they are fairly critical to gearchanging. They are determined by thickness of the new gasket you use. don't mix them up, watch out for them falling as the halves come apart, they should stick in the oil and fall off ten minutes after you separate the cases.

I have a friend that replaced the main bearing in his 247 cota with out pulling down the engine I didn't watch him do it but he did it. This was however a main bearing that failed early in life so that might have made things easier.

• 4 weeks later...

• 4 months later...

• 5 weeks later...

Hi All,

Ive just bought a 349 White Wonder basket case. I've got it stripped down in the main ready for blasting and painting. Does anyone have a manual that could be downloaded to help with the rebuild?

Has anyone replaced the big end without purchasing a complete con-rod kit. The little end is in good condition and there seems to be no lateral movement in the big end. I'm just worried about rebuilding without replacing the bearing. Anyone any thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...